Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apology to members and brembo upgrade requirement.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apology to members and brembo upgrade requirement.

Firstly I must apologise for cancelling on a sale on the evo - brembo upgrade. I didn't try the setup on the R32 personally but knew people that have.I currently have it on the S14 so was sure it would work since front brakes are interchangeable between them. While payment was being processed I found out that the R32 spindle
    1: requires some grinding for the bracket to seat properly
    2: the hub is offset my 5mm causing the rotor to not be centred.

I refunded and cancelled the payment to a member here Well knowing I couldn't sell it now I decided to use it.

My buddy and mechanic accepted the challenge to get them to work on the R32 spindle.
    You can see below what was ground/cut without compromising the structure of the spindle and mounting points. Even when it was assembled the rotor did not centred between the caliper.

This didn't make sense to me, R32 brakes go on a S14 why not the other way around. The hub of the r32 is recessed by 5 mm so the rotor seats differently. We had to space the rotor from the back with a slip on 5mm and it was perfect. Thanks riy!

$hit happens. Good of you to post the appology.

Comment

your a good guy then and honest. (y) informative post also.
      Need detailing done to your car? I'm open to travel to detail your car :

http://forums.gtrcanada.com/group-buys/54899-ontario-cobraa-detailing-group-buy.html

Please follow my works and latest news/promotion at : https://www.facebook.com/Waxxonspa || Waxxon.com ||

Comment

Here is the final product for those interested in doing the conversion themselves.

Comment

I gotta say those calipers look real nice on your car, especially when were rolling on the 403 on saturday.
          nice upgrade
          Note: Turbos make torque and torque makes fun

Comment

Werd, Nice upgrade for sure. Car looked good sunday!
            Dang! You got shocks, pegs... Lucky! You ever take it off any sweet jumps?

Comment

I'm running the same brakes with EVO rotors, no issues. Mine are S14 brackets as well. Just grind the spindle a small amount and fits good!

Comment

He doesnt make it seem like minor grinding lol. cutting holes and the dust shield? can you elaborate more newalliance?
                1991 Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R: 710whp 521 ft/lbs 27.5psi 11.8 @126mph low boost

Comment

You just grind where it shows in the pics. I don't run front dust shields so can't tell you about holes or whatever you need to do there... I did however take my EVO8 rotors down 2mm in diameter just to add a bit of space when things heat up. There probably 320x32 now... The stock brakes however are fine, this is a little overkill, I however did it for looks. Took me many months to get my brake balance setup correctly tho. I ran a will wood prop valve to rear brakes, and tweaked that a lot... Finally got it somewhat decent. Also running a Z32 Master w/o ABS...

Comment

I want to transition to a floating 2 piece rotor and get the SPL deflectors to help with cooling. The proportioning isn't bad to be honest but my pads are low so need to get those in before I really assess the feel. BTW OE brembo pads are half price from this guy on ebay at the moment.

Jon I'll take a caliper off this weekend when I do pads and take a proper picture with the bracket on.
                    Last edited by zac3ne2nr; 09-20-2012, 09:25 AM.

Comment

this guy.....Always with 3 spokes
                      Jordie Lewis
                      1993 Skyline Type M

Comment

Guess what Jordie....no spokes at the moment. Riding on 4 axle stands.

Comment

Working...
                        X