Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got idle problems ? Look here, complete DIY!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got idle problems ? Look here, complete DIY!

Thanks to the guys @ skylinesaustralia for this awesome DIY for cleaning out the AAC valve and solenoid, and also how to reset tps and idle.

Updated: 18/05/06 Disclaimer: This information is provided for your information only, anything you choose to do with this information is completely up to you and in no way will I, Skylines Australia or any affiliates be held accountable for following said actions, causing damage or harm to you or...

We should sticky this, as lots of people seem to have idle problems...

Guy : "Dude ! hown much did you pay for your car ?"
    Me : "And how much did you pay for your girlfriend ?"
    Guy :

Thanks! Great find!
    Brand new GT2860R-5 turbos - Blitz SS intake cones - Tein Super Street Coilovers 16 way - New leather shift and E-brake boots - Silly GTR billet lighter plug - LED guages lights conversion
    - Greddy Turbo and Exhaust temp guages in A pillar pod - 3" Fujitsubo exhaust - 18" Gunmetal Tenzo wheels

- Royal Purple everything - New upper front suspension links - New belts - New tensioner and idelr pully - New timing belt - New N1 waterpump - New a/c vents

Comment

Yes just be careful with the aac gasket, if you break it you might as well park your car cuz you won't want to do anything other than idle with the sensor off or missing the gasket.

While you're messing around in that area I recommend replacing the little hose (I think it's a 3 or 4mm hose) that goes from the back of the plenum into the little metal tube nearby the block (Fuel damper). This will help sort out idle issues related to electrical current instability (I had this problem on my car, new hose fixed it).

Comment

Great DIY even though it was for an R33 and many people on this forum drive R32's. Cleaning the AAC and my MAF totally fixed both my idle hunting issues AND my hesitation
        89' Nissan Skyline GTS-T
        90' Toyota 4Runner *winter beater*

Comment

Working...
        X