How To: Change The Bulbs Above Your Steering Wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To: Change The Bulbs Above Your Steering Wheel

And now the continuation of http://forums.gtrcanada.com/showthread.php?t=23933. (How To: Change Your Climate Control Bulbs)

How to change the bulbs above your steering wheel. Actually I didn't even know they lit up until someone told me.

Again pardon all the blurry pics my camera is worth 50 bucks lol

This time I used 2721092's from The Source (radio shack)
    http://www.thesourcecc.com/estore/pr...roduct=2721092. You get 2 bulbs per pack and they are the same price as the 2721154's I used last time. They are also 60mA instead of 50mA so I expect a slight bit more light. 12 bucks for all of them. Again Mine haven't blown up or hurt my car but use this at your own risk.

First you will need to take your dash apart

The switches are screwed to the inside of the cover

Pics of all the stuff in a pile. Keep the bulbs separate because some are different lengths

One of the bulb stands.
    like last time you will need to unwind the light leads from the rubber base. put the new ones and you will notice they are a bit shorter then the old ones. There is still plenty of contact point for the pins if you put them back in carefully.

Tough to see but they all light up
    2015 Audi RS7 Sepang Blue
    2009 Yamaha R1 Raven Black - SOLD
    2005.5 Audi S4 Sprint Blue Pearl - SOLD
    1989 Nissan Skyline GTR - SOLD

thats too funny! Slowly your car is getting all the "features" back that it would have had when new!

So I guess all your switched up there light up now? Im running out of things that make my car better than yours! I still got twice as many doors as you though and a batwing!

Comment

Maybe there are bulbs on the power window switches too........
      1989 Gumetal GT-R - Nismo Turbo etc
      ivoac.ca Join the fight for the right! If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem......

Comment

Ah crap, can anyone confirm? Those don't light up either :P Are there supposed to be on the drivers and or passenger switches?

Soon Anton soon you will be jelous of all my lights and buzzers :P

Comment

I will have to check on the power window switches first then.

last I checked it was YOU trying to keep up to MY lights and buzzers:-D

Ah well. Its deff worth it to have all the lights going anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Stinky_1 View Post
            I will have to check on the power window switches first then.

last I checked it was YOU trying to keep up to MY lights and buzzers:-D

Ah well. Its deff worth it to have all the lights going anyway.
            Oh no I'm 100% sure some of your are burnt out too lol this puts me one notch ahead of you and officially auction grade 5 lol running out of stuff to fix. all I really need are a couple crap things. I need to stop by a parts car. maybe if we head up on the 13th we stop by drifterX's place and pick at it lol

Comment

What are the two lights under the Hazard light. I can't tell from the pic and mine are covered by electrical tape for some reason...
              My Garage Sale -

Comment

Originally posted by GTS4tw View Post
                What are the two lights under the Hazard light. I can't tell from the pic and mine are covered by electrical tape for some reason...
                Buttons for the stock radio.

There's also a light for the driver's window switch, and I think one for the passenger window on the driver side. There isn't one on the passenger door.

Nice work Joker! I didn't think you could get those bulbs so easily.
                Dan Hofman
                DnA Garage - the performance gene
                www.dnagarage.ca

Comment

Well they weren’t exactly super easy to get at cuz you have to take the dash apart but it was better than I expected.

The light for the hazards is in the back of the hazard switch. Your have to take it out to get at it. I got mine out with a knife. It's just a little rubber rectangle.

Comment

Originally posted by Joker View Post
                    Well they weren’t exactly super easy to get at cuz you have to take the dash apart but it was better than I expected.
                    I meant to buy the bulbs. :-)
                    Dan Hofman
                    DnA Garage - the performance gene
                    www.dnagarage.ca

Comment

anyone know what bulbs is needed for single din gauges?

Comment

Originally posted by rockcrete View Post
                        Maybe there are bulbs on the power window switches too........
                        Bastard :P

I have my R33 coming i this week.. I figured have a meet to show the 33 to the boys.. Love it.. Hate it.. Come out and see what you think.. Its nothing to special.. but This is "One" of the first legal ones to be in the country.. so I want to share it with everyone.. :yikes: Im not taking it very far though..

Are there anymore of these damn things anywhere?

Comment

moved

"Life's too short to drive boring cars!"

Comment

Anyone have done this mod recently??

On ebay, there's ton of PRE WIRED 3MM 12v-ready and I was wondering if I could fit these instead.
                            Need detailing done to your car? I'm open to travel to detail your car :

http://forums.gtrcanada.com/group-buys/54899-ontario-cobraa-detailing-group-buy.html

Please follow my works and latest news/promotion at : https://www.facebook.com/Waxxonspa || Waxxon.com ||

Comment

sorry to revive an old thread but just wanted to add that this CAN be done with pre wire 3mm 12v ready LED's, I did it yesterday and it turned out quite nicely. a little soldering is require on a couple of the switches but for the most part u can get away without soldering.
                              1992 Dark Blue Pearl Skyline GTR - 457 rwhp, 404 tq @ 19 psi , chevron 94.
                              1991 Gunmetal GTS4 - SOLD

Originally posted by dah_hunter
                              i wait till the lights yellow.. or i lean far and go.. thats what BOOOOST if for..

Comment

Working...
                              X