X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To: Change The Power Window Switch Light Bulb

OK and now the continuation of my other light bulb replacement threads:

How To: Change The Climate Control Bulbs
    OK so I just got my car up on a hoist for the first time in a while and found that the right rear tire had a tonn of wear on the inside of the tire. All three other tires were perfect. Everything feels really solid back there. I cant move it by hand at all. I have noticed that when I go over speed bumps I can hear one of the

How To: Change The Bulbs Above Your Steering Wheel
    There were a ton of cops out tonight. I saw more flashing reds and blues tonight than I ever have. It's a Tuesday night/Wednesday. I saw two of them had pulled over a Van on the corner of Garden City and Blundell. A girlfriend of mine and I were going to Blenz and the next thing I see are one of them flashing their cherries and

Welcome to "How To: Change The Power Window Switch Light Bulb"

Remove the Power window switch assembly using a thin dull tool like a butter knife. Insert under the front edge of the switch assembly (the side closest to the hinge on the door) pressing towards non hinge side of the door. There is a little metal clip that springs back. As you do this pull up and it should come out pretty easily.

Take out the 4 screws that hold the window switches in and pull the assembly out.

Now the hard part. The white plastic piece on the back of the switch assembly comes off. There are 4 tabs per side. Only the middle two per side have to be pressed in. I managed it on my own without breaking it but be patient or get help because it's not easy. Once the piece comes off you will see a brown plastic screw in the middle of the circuit board, that is the bulb assembly. Turn it 1/4 turn and pull it out. Change the bulbs with the same Source 2721092's as we used in the How To: Change The Bulbs Above Your Steering Wheel post http://www.thesourcecc.com/estore/pr...roduct=2721092.

There is no trick to putting to back together. Just snap, screw and pop it back in the door.
    2015 Audi RS7 Sepang Blue
    2009 Yamaha R1 Raven Black - SOLD
    2005.5 Audi S4 Sprint Blue Pearl - SOLD
    1989 Nissan Skyline GTR - SOLD

AWSOME!

I am going to pull mine out right now and put a blue LED in there!

he he. I gotta keep up with you bud

Comment

Ha! I knew there were bulbs in there
      1989 Gumetal GT-R - Nismo Turbo etc
      ivoac.ca Join the fight for the right! If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem......

Comment

I even pulled out out after your last post and thought naw it dosent look like there are any in there but today I was parked in the driveway and the light hit the switch just right so I could see the lens. I was like Dagnabit! another bulb to change! lol That HAS to be all of them. I am getting my last few hundred dollars worth of Adam shipped to me so hopfully that will tide me over. Getting upper links and... lol... A JDM flare, red positive battery cover and the little picture beside the headlight trim piece because mine is worn partly off. The rest are so small I will need a parts car for the screws clips etc...

Comment

there may be a parts car in quebec soon

Hey y'all. I am wondering where is the best place to buy option/option2 magazines from. I got one from a friend when he went to Japan and I love it! I can't read Japanese but you can get enough info out if from the spec lists of the cars. Plus the pics are baller! Are there any online vendors around???

Comment

Originally posted by Stinky_1 View Post
            there may be a parts car in quebec soon

http://forums.gtrcanada.com/showthread.php?t=25151
            Yeah saw that one. I may have to bug Chris an hit up lethbridge. If he's down U want in? Split the gas and make a weekend of it someday.

Comment

u guys should post pics of what this looks like after its done

Comment

I couldnt find my blue LED's so I just threw a red one in there. I have no idea what it really looks like because I have not driven the car at night since I did it.

WHen I cup my hands over it, it looks ok. After all..... its just a light!

Comment

I' sure the red it very nice :P Hey what color is the Headlight location light on yours? Mine is orange. Also My defrost on my Climate control was orange but I was having problems with it. I put a new unit in and moved all my new bulbs over but this one is just the same greenish color as the other bulbs? What color are your in both locations?

Comment

There's gotta be one in the mirror switch too..........
                    1989 Gumetal GT-R - Nismo Turbo etc
                    ivoac.ca Join the fight for the right! If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem......

Comment

mine are white in all location except the window switch which is now red.

Once I get my gauge mod all done it will be a combo of white and red so it will all fit in.

Comment

Originally posted by rockcrete View Post
                        There's gotta be one in the mirror switch too..........
                        nope, I looked for that while I was doing the led in the window switch. There is only one in that whole cluster.

Comment

got pictures for this?

Rockete's question, yes there is one as mine lights up but it only lights up the driver side one at the moment.. I will be doing this later on still looking to get them in amber..

Comment

ive seen a post like this on sau where someone installed leds in the climate control it looked really good
                            understeer -is when you go off the road and see the tree that kills you
                            oversteer-is when you go off the road backwards and dont see the tree that kills you

Comment

moved

"Life's too short to drive boring cars!"

Comment

Working...
                              X