Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How-To: R32 Skyline LED Guage Cluster Conversion (Pics)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wakmen
    replied
    do you know witch one I will need if I want to convert the tail lights with LED....and also can I make this in front for my DTL`s you know...between the corner lights and the projector

Leave a comment:

• klys
    replied
    Wow!! super nice DIY

a reference for any other DIYs !!

thanks

Leave a comment:

• sidewazegtsr
    replied
    Originally posted by donk_316
    Who ever else is thinking of doing this, let me know and ill throw in some bucks to bring up to minimum order. Ill need 9 of them.
    I'll be doing this as well so you can count me in, once Greg gets back to me on a couple questions I asked.

Just a SUPER write up and conversion!

Leave a comment:

• donk_316
    replied
    Who ever else is thinking of doing this, let me know and ill throw in some bucks to bring up to minimum order. Ill need 9 of them.

Leave a comment:

• JZ
    replied
    This is great! Moving to FAQ. Thanks for your hard work!

Leave a comment:

• mikeness
    replied
    Originally posted by mcnab
    Regarding the HKS Boost Guage replacement, I'll see if I can come up with a guide for those in a week or so. I'll just have to find a camera with macro mode so I can shoot the tiny little parts that you have to take off.
    Fantastic, I look forward to that.

Leave a comment:

• mcnab
    replied
    I've used both the single LED's and the "4 LEDs" in several vehicles and I've found the single LED's to work better actually. You'll notice the ones I used have conical indent in them, this spreads the light out wider and it also comes out the sides as well. They spread the light out VERY well and the there's not one noticable hotspot in my conversion, that's why I opt'd for those.

Regarding the HKS Boost Guage replacement, I'll see if I can come up with a guide for those in a week or so. I'll just have to find a camera with macro mode so I can shoot the tiny little parts that you have to take off.

Leave a comment:

• sspikey
    replied
    You rock dude thx so much for all that

How come u didnt go for the 4 bulb LEDS?

Leave a comment:

• 604R32
    replied
    I love DIYs. Thanks another informative post! (re: detailing)

no worries regarding the pics, I'll help out the GTRC community anyway I can.

Leave a comment:

• genius
    replied
    wow awesome!

Leave a comment:

• mikeness
    replied
    Awesome

Is there any way you could post up a How-To for the HKS boost gauge led bulb replacement?

Leave a comment:

• flipkc
    replied
    Thanks mcnab! Definitely something anyone can do, if they have the will. It's not something that requires a lot of skill. Thanks for the great How To!

Leave a comment:

• Paradis
    replied
    Awesome work. Mango did as well with gauges and it looks awesome. Gonna have to do it too one of these days, time to add to the list....

Leave a comment:

• Maverick
    replied
    Very very nice. Thank you for sharing. I have always been wanting to do the LED conversion and have seen the Japanese to change all the interior light sources. That's was very impressive.

Anyway, great job, well done. 8) --- time the put the sun glasses on...so so bright :wink:

Leave a comment:

• mcnab
    replied
    Perhaps I wasn't clear enough in the article when I explain that part. What I meant to say was plug the 3 connectors in the back and keeping putting 1 bulb in at a time. There' enough room that you can keep the 3 connectors plugged in and keep popping bulbs in the back, so you don't have to actually undo the cluster everytime you put a bulb in.

REgarding the centre console guages, I don't actually know since I dont' have a GT-R. Perhaps someone with a GT-R could pop it out and tell us what bulb size they are (194 or 74) or maybe even another size.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X