skyline styling???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• skyline styling???

Why does the s13 and 14 guys have the cool slammed stock bodied look fgiured out but so few skylines can pull it off? When was the last time you saw a dumped r32 with wicked fitment and no crazy aero kit?
    Case in point

we need more skylines with this style.

my 2 cents
    Jesse
    1990 HCR32
    2006 Chev Silverado

EWWWW WTF MAN. I think you are on the wrong forum.

People here actually like these cars. We don't SLAM them to look cool. We daily drive these cars so we have to be able to accomplish daily tasks, like going over speed bump and stuff

If you want to slam a car, get a 240sx or an old school jetta ( those look cool slammed)

Just my 2 cents
    sigpic

Originally posted by m_melen
    ...it woulda been safer if his harness were made of jello

Comment

Originally posted by RHDskyline View Post
      EWWWW WTF MAN. I think you are on the wrong forum.

People here actually like these cars. We don't SLAM them to look cool. We daily drive these cars so we have to be able to accomplish daily tasks, like going over speed bump and stuff

If you want to slam a car, get a 240sx or an old school jetta ( those look cool slammed)

Just my 2 cents
      whats with all the love of handling and "godzilla" then? if you just want a car to drive to get groceries and beable to get over speed bumps with?

Im gonna assume you drive a gtr?
      Jesse
      1990 HCR32
      2006 Chev Silverado

Comment

No. what i was saying was that people don't slam these cars. there are enough cars out there already that are SLAM worry.

Now i know i don't speak for anybody on this forum but myself. But i would like to think, that if people drive these cars on a Daily basis, they can't SLAM a skyline, let a lone do they want to

I also don't think these cars look good super lowered. Ive seen a lowerd 4 door skyline, that drift one and it looks good. But its not SUPER low

I own a gts
        sigpic

Comment

what i think is being said here is something in the middle of what you're both saying...

i think the slammed look is sweet for the cars like the 240, s14 etc... but honestly the skylines just werent made like that... both types of cars were made for completely different purposes from the factory man, and different chassis too!
          The SkyLife Community & News Website --> http://www.skylife4ever.com

Comment

I actually love the slammed stock bodied look. If I ever sell my coilovers/ other parts and actually have some money for school and car, then Ill probably pick up some new coilovers and slam my car.

PS im hoping this turns into a pic thread where everyone posts picks of slammed skylines.
            Looking for cheap parts? supguyex (Jon) is parting out his car. Good prices, good guy.

Comment

Yeah, not for me. Sorry

sigpic

Comment

Slammed is relative.. I had a "SLAMMED" B-body Impala SS.. Slammed to me is; the wheel is uncomfortably high inside the wheel well, as if its on hydraulics. It serves decent handling purposes but its main premise is looks..

Now I wouldn't call lowering an R32 "slamming" it.. Nor would i use that to classify any s14/s13 240 etc.. Yea it's low but there's a perfectly reasonable and physical explanation why; the wheel and tire combination are accomodated by the fact the fenders are flared and its end result is a very predictable and snappy car to drive.. The point of dropping a car this much is to lower the CFG lowering the amount of body roll in corners.

Yes arguably, you can say that if you DD the car then its utterly pointless. However at the same token, why not have a well mannered and predictable DD car? I myself, am going to lower my car and run the risk of killing tires throughout mid season on neg. camber just to have a comfortable and well mannered car. Speedbumps are avoidable!

There should be more lowered style R32's.. Especially widebodied GTR's.. Would look so mint..
                Check out the GTST Projects page and keep up to date with my build!
                www.nelsonmx.wordpress.com
                Like us on Facebook! www.facebook.com/NelsonMX
                Any part inquiries can be forwarded to marc@nelsonmx.com

Comment

the pictured he showed was SLammed.

Skylines need to be lowered they look a lot better. Like you said, each car has a respectable high range to be in, for a comfortable, functional ride, but yet still look sexy.

Which is where coilovers come in handy
                  sigpic

Comment

I agree that everyone has there own style, If ya wanna go with the stock look do it. I like to go a little lower with adjustable camber and what not but completly slammed is sometimes way to dangerous. For those of you know Grande Prairie, you will know what I mean.
                    Traction is optional, so are zipties

92 Gtst/Silver bullet

Comment

why? cuase its pointless and people who like to have fun on the track have a bit more sense then that.
                      Real Skyline owners have lost at least one to a freakish accident (*- ω -) = #dungive'a

Comment

The thing with a Skyline lowered that low, is driveshaft will be on the wrong angle and car will probably accelerate slower than it would, if it was at a higher ride height. Not to mention camber problems, running near to the bumpstops, which is dangerous.

On Muscle cars, they move subframe up into the chassis to get driveshaft to sit on correct angle. Then tub the rear arches for wheels to sit up under arches and I think to get sufficient travel on shocks. I think it's similar with hotrods, but they do it with the main frame instead of subframe.

HKS used the same process as used on Muscle cars with their Superlap EVO racecar (moved subframe roughly 40mm up into the chassis, etc) to get better handling (lower ride height), but driveshaft is on correct angle and sufficient shock travel.
                        RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Originally posted by Skym View Post
                          I see.
                          haha
                          best reply yet.
                          i love stock body lines, slammed isnt the best word for it though lol, i like lowered with big dish and streched tires, pulled and rolled fenders. Keeplabs was a great example of a "gangster" skyline

some kits arent bad on skylines though.

skym how low is to low? i want my curb height around roughly 6-8 inches.

RHDskyline: you finnaly got a GTS? man how disappointed is Oakville? haha

Comment

Because if you try to drive the car as they were meant to be on track, you'd be dead with that set up.

S chassis look good slammed if done well, and are expected to be. R chassis looks great with a motosports wheel fitment.

Comment

A GTR shouldn't be lower than 350 mm front and 340 mm rear. The suspension geometry wasn't designed to be that low, and handling becomes unpredictable.
                              R32 GTR FULL SERVICE MANUAL DOWNLOAD:
                              http://forums.gtrcanada.com/faq/36-holy-bible-6.html#post467565

Comment

Working...
                              X