Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gtst_skyline
    replied
    I have a r32 sedan with a welded diff and it goes great but when i go slow around corners the inside tire skips and chatters. Not sure if that your feeling but that could be an option. Other than that welcome back

Leave a comment:

• mvs2
    replied
    My turbo oil return line is leaking a bit of oil, not a huge amount but still leaking. Got quoted $500 to fix it

Leave a comment:

• A18
    replied
    2 ways chatter under low speed cornering is competely normal. They act very similarly to an open dif thats been welded. Apparently I've got a 1.5 way dif in my car (according to the last owner). If you want I'd be happy to trade, the 1.5 corners fine at low speeds with no wheel hop, unlike 2 way difs.

Leave a comment:

• R33NZ
    replied
    Hmm the only diff's that should do that are usally welded up and i call them lock diffs not LSD =D LSD dont lock under low speed should only lock when u put ya foot down

Leave a comment:

• mvs2
    replied
    "The vibration is the 2 way diff plates locking and skipping under low speed( despite the sound, totally normal and fine)"
    "You'll warm up to the diff, there's truly no harm being done, it's a lot noisier too because I put in solid subframe bushing collars" :P

Originally posted by R33NZ View Post
    well u should look for a diff from an auto r33 gts25t and replace it it shjould never make sounds like that .U got that Chewwy lol
    Last edited by mvs2; 06-14-2011, 08:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• R33NZ
    replied
    well u should look for a diff from an auto r33 gts25t and replace it it shjould never make sounds like that .U got that Chewwy lol
    Originally posted by mvs2 View Post
    Thanks for the info I'll look into that for the radio !

As for the chattering it only happens when going slowly around a corner, the tires aren't rubbing.

Leave a comment:

• mvs2
    replied
    Thanks for the info I'll look into that for the radio !

As for the chattering it only happens when going slowly around a corner, the tires aren't rubbing.

Originally posted by R33NZ View Post
    how big are the front wheels/tyres they could be rubbing and no diff should make chattering sounds when turning and if that sound is the diff its stuffed sounds like the pinoy gears are poo you can buy a "band expander for that "

Leave a comment:

• R33NZ
    replied
    how big are the front wheels/tyres they could be rubbing and no diff should make chattering sounds when turning and if that sound is the diff its stuffed sounds like the pinoy gears are poo
    Originally posted by mvs2 View Post
    Guys, I'm having a hard time warming up to this 2 way locking diff, the chattering while cornering is driving me nuts :P

Also looking at getting GTR side skirts and rear bumper to go with the GTR front and hood I already have. How much modifying does the side skirts and rear bumper take? I know its not extremely common to do on a sedan, If anyone knows please let me know

Edit *

Also have a decent deck from japan but the frequency only reaches 90.0 fm, is there a way to extend this? I usually just buy a new deck :/
    you can buy a "band expander for that "
    Last edited by R33NZ; 06-14-2011, 07:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• mvs2
    replied
    Guys, I'm having a hard time warming up to this 2 way locking diff, the chattering while cornering is driving me nuts :P

Also looking at getting GTR side skirts and rear bumper to go with the GTR front and hood I already have. How much modifying does the side skirts and rear bumper take? I know its not extremely common to do on a sedan, If anyone knows please let me know

Edit *

Also have a decent deck from japan but the frequency only reaches 90.0 fm, is there a way to extend this? I usually just buy a new deck :/
    Last edited by mvs2; 06-12-2011, 04:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• EMAGDNIM
    replied
    Originally posted by Bugsly17 View Post
    SR20>>>>>>>>>>rb series

notsureifserious.gif

Just saying...

Leave a comment:

• mvs2
    replied
    Originally posted by dah_hunter View Post
    I want to see that car.. you should bring it out to the meets we have in at the mission silver city..
    Will have to make it out for one forsure

Leave a comment:

• dah_hunter
    replied
    I want to see that car.. you should bring it out to the meets we have in at the mission silver city..

Leave a comment:

• Willis
    replied
    Originally posted by Bugsly17 View Post
    SR20>>>>>>>>>>rb20
    Fixed.

Leave a comment:

• Bugsly17
    replied
    SR20>>>>>>>>>>rb series

Leave a comment:

• mvs2
    replied
    Originally posted by leeaspin View Post
    noooo chewyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
    Its a neat little car, couple things I need to figure out : What the grinding vibration sound is when turning and how inaccurate the fuel meter is.

**EDIT**

The knocking noise on corners is the 2 way diff Chewy said. Glad thats cleared up
    Last edited by mvs2; 06-05-2011, 01:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X