Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FunnyGas
    replied
    ...aren't R34 headlights E code and therefore legal? (correct me if I am wrong, could be different in Sask vs BC)

Leave a comment:

• YumGTR
    replied
    i'm a yank, so I have no clue as to actual canadian law, but I remember reading on the gtr.co.uk forums about the hoops some german R34 owners had to go through to bring their lights into compliance with safety requirements and safety inspections there. something about changing the cutoffs in front of the bulbs. does Canada care about stuff like that or are they only looking for the "DOT" stamp on the housings to approve the car?

Leave a comment:

• jodett
    started a topic R34 D.O.T. headlights

R34 D.O.T. headlights

So I just picked up an r34 sedan from 4xtoys in lethbridge (awesome dudes, highly recommend them), and I'm getting it ready for the safety inspection in saskatchewan.

before I continue, no I am not going to find a shop to just pass my lights and no i'm not going to stamp the inside. I'm a certified inspector for sask vehicles, and if you're familiar with saskatoon at all, you know that the police here HATE any modified or RHD cars. I've fought vehicle inspection tickets and helped many others who were wrongly ticketed. I want to make sure my car is fully legit so I can whoop some ass in court if I have to.

Back to my question, has anyone tried to retrofit any headlights into their car? I obviously want to make it look as clean as possible and not hacked together. I'm thinking GC subaru, but I would really like to know if anyone has dealt with this. Any help is greatly appreciated. And if nobody has done it, I'll gladly do a full write-up with pictures of whatever I end up doing. Thanks!
Working...
X