Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Importing an R34???

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Nismoist
    replied
    Originally posted by jangotat View Post
    If someone is a US Citizen or has family in the US, cant they just register an R34 there but drive it here..
    Originally posted by jangotat View Post
    theres other importers in the us that arent so widely talked about that import r34s on a regular basis and sell them for 50k
    They are getting impounded now read http://forums.gtrcanada.com/legalese...watch-out.html for details.

    Seriously man just wait two years or purchase a car that is legal (R32 or R33 or R35), we already have enough heat on our cars for no good reason, please dont give them one.

    Leave a comment:


  • jangotat
    replied
    theres other importers in the us that arent so widely talked about that import r34s on a regular basis and sell them for 50k

    Leave a comment:


  • quadracer111
    replied
    Originally posted by jangotat View Post
    If someone is a US Citizen or has family in the US, cant they just register an R34 there but drive it here..
    The hard part isn't registering it, it is getting it here.

    I am pretty sure for example here in SK, if you had an s15 or r34 sitting here with a form 1 and a bill of sale, you would take those papers to sgi and have license plates in 5 minutes flat.

    Leave a comment:


  • jangotat
    replied
    If someone is a US Citizen or has family in the US, cant they just register an R34 there but drive it here..

    Leave a comment:


  • Nismoist
    replied
    Originally posted by Snow View Post
    I've seen lots of landed cars that were illegally imported. Funny enough... Most the pictures popped up from Quebec... Right before they got sent to their room.

    I know you say "legally imported" but the truth is they weren't. Someone is corrupt/paid/stupid and that blame will be on the owner for knowingly importing an illegal good.

    I don't care how you get your car in, if you're caught later (often too late) after an accident or something stupid and your insurance provider gives you the middle finger you're hooped. You just killed someone in your ILLEGALLY INSURED car? We're not covering you. You owe $3 million, and you can't declare bankruptcy to clear that debt. Game over son. Have fun working the rest of your life to get no where.

    Patience is a virtue.
    +1
    These cars will be legal soon enough, the risk is not worth it.

    Leave a comment:


  • Snow
    replied
    Originally posted by sarazinj View Post
    im not gonna do that, read my post, i dont want to get into details. plus there are alot of car here in canada that are not supposed to be, and they are all here legally, stalk other forums and you will see
    I've seen lots of landed cars that were illegally imported. Funny enough... Most the pictures popped up from Quebec... Right before they got sent to their room.

    I know you say "legally imported" but the truth is they weren't. Someone is corrupt/paid/stupid and that blame will be on the owner for knowingly importing an illegal good.

    I don't care how you get your car in, if you're caught later (often too late) after an accident or something stupid and your insurance provider gives you the middle finger you're hooped. You just killed someone in your ILLEGALLY INSURED car? We're not covering you. You owe $3 million, and you can't declare bankruptcy to clear that debt. Game over son. Have fun working the rest of your life to get no where.

    Patience is a virtue.
    Last edited by Snow; 03-10-2011, 12:52 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • sarazinj
    replied
    i didnt honestly get mine because of how new it was, i got it because i really really really wanted a midnight purple r33,the one i found had low km's, perfect body, tasteful but non threatening upgrads, and a nice interior, but then sea rail destroyed it, i almost have tears in my eyes just thinking about the day it came in.

    Leave a comment:


  • JZ
    replied
    Originally posted by dah_hunter View Post
    X2 Granted i been doing this stuff for only 6 years..

    However being that im at customs/Dock at least once a month.. since 2005 i would say i have more first hand experience with anything RHD/importing related then most people
    Agreed. Good to have you here Ben

    Leave a comment:


  • dah_hunter
    replied
    Originally posted by JZ View Post

    In the 7 years that I have been involved with the rhd scene in Canada I have only seen "non-matured" cars brought in by: vin swap, Frankenstein, lazy/uneducated/corrupt customs officers, piecemeal (car was assembled via parts ordered thru Nissan). All of these methods have zero appeal to me and none qualify as a loophole. A loophole is a defect in the wording of the law that permits it's exploitation. It allows one to do something against the spirit of the law. Its been stated a gazillion times here that there are no loopholes in any interpretation of Transport Canada's wording.

    X2 Granted i been doing this stuff for only 6 years..

    However being that im at customs/Dock at least once a month.. since 2005 i would say i have more first hand experience with anything RHD/importing related then most people

    Leave a comment:


  • Shane_Sawatzki
    replied
    Originally posted by dah_hunter View Post
    Few Months early isnt a loophole.. thats customs being lazy.. but thanks for coming out..

    Customs rarly checks paperwork that carefully if your a known importer.. i import stuff all the time,, it would be east to bring in a December build 96 car for me cause they dont reallu even look at the paperwork..

    that VIN thing could work as well.. but why bother with a couple months. if you were VIN swapping i would do couple years.. R34/with a R33 VIN.. bring it over..

    done deal..


    anyways,..
    This.

    Leave a comment:


  • JZ
    replied
    Well, saying you have a car via loophole sounds pretty damn sexy you must admit

    In the 7 years that I have been involved with the rhd scene in Canada I have only seen "non-matured" cars brought in by: vin swap, Frankenstein, lazy/uneducated/corrupt customs officers, piecemeal (car was assembled via parts ordered thru Nissan). All of these methods have zero appeal to me and none qualify as a loophole. A loophole is a defect in the wording of the law that permits it's exploitation. It allows one to do something against the spirit of the law. Its been stated a gazillion times here that there are no loopholes in any interpretation of Transport Canada's wording.


    Posted from my iPhone

    Leave a comment:


  • dah_hunter
    replied
    Few Months early isnt a loophole.. thats customs being lazy.. but thanks for coming out..

    Customs rarly checks paperwork that carefully if your a known importer.. i import stuff all the time,, it would be east to bring in a December build 96 car for me cause they dont reallu even look at the paperwork..

    that VIN thing could work as well.. but why bother with a couple months. if you were VIN swapping i would do couple years.. R34/with a R33 VIN.. bring it over..

    done deal..

    anyways,..

    Leave a comment:


  • aN4rk1
    replied
    The only sot of "loop holes" I have ever heard about was when I was looking for a GT-R. I spoke to someone who said he also got his car a few months early. All he did was smooth over the etched vin in the engine bay of the illegal car and make it look nice. Then, take all the vin plates from the legal car, and put them on the illegal car and presto, its good to go. Now I never saw the car in person so I don't know how true it is. It seem like it could work.

    And correct me if I am wrong, I don't think you can really do anything with a VIN. I could be wrong, someone correct me if I am.

    Leave a comment:


  • sarazinj
    replied
    i dont want attention, just adding info about how many cars are in canada early, mine wasnt years early, it was months. im also not going to post my vin on a forum, especially gtrc

    Leave a comment:


  • dah_hunter
    replied
    I dont want the loop hole i just want to know the VIN of the car and proof that you got it early.. thats all..

    I dont really care how you did it..


    I understand that people that Use the Loopholes dont want them puplic.. however i think the that people that actually use these loopholes dont talk about it..

    since your talking about it.. i assume your not telling the truth, cause why would you want that kind of attention.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X