Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Importing an R34???

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • quadracer111
    replied
    Originally posted by aN4rk1 View Post
    Can anyone 100% Prove that R34 was actually two cars and then welded back together?
    Maybe he brought it in piece by piece, put it back together, re-vin'd it, and registered it as a kit car.
    That's what I would do If I had the money, as it would not be cheap.

    I don't see what all of you actual issues with that car is. From what I can see, fitment is fine, the car doesn't seem to be in pieces, and it looks awesome.
    Originally posted by gtrjon View Post
    i agree that car is sexy as **** and if they did chop it into two pieces and weld it back together they did a damn good job and spent boat loads of money doing it so i doubt the car is going to split in two while driving it or anything lol
    Originally posted by xkylex View Post
    What ever they did, they did it very well. Everything seems to line up properly.

    Has anyone gone to inspect it??? If it is just pieced together it could be a very good deal. It's been listed forever, Offer $40,000.

    To pay $40,000 to have an R34 GTR that can legally be driven on Canadian roads 4 years before they are legally imported and sold within Canada. Sounds like a steal to me.

    Realistically, R34's have held value since production has come to a halt. When they do hit Canadian soil I'm sure you would be paying 50-60,000 for an equally clean example.

    We need to send someone that is very knowledgable to check this car out!

    If it is welded together, that upsets my stomach. I'd hate to think someone would do that to such a beautiful vehicle.
    Originally posted by Oakville View Post
    yeah the car was spliced. quite a few fellers from these boards put it together to my knowledge!
    Yeah, it has been cut in half, and it was done very very horribly. There are under body pictures of it floating around, let me see if I can find it.

    Hack job, I wouldn't pay more than 10k for it.

    Edit for fun pictures!!

    Body lines suck





    And for people saying "it might of been brought in piece by piece"
    I don't think so, afaik they take away and destroy anything that could be considered a usable chassis.
    Last edited by quadracer111; 02-23-2011, 02:51 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Oakville
    replied
    yeah the car was spliced. quite a few fellers from these boards put it together to my knowledge!

    Leave a comment:


  • cschepp
    replied
    No problem! I just do t want anyone to go in with that kind of cash and come out extremely disspointed. If you want a r34 really bad and want it to be legal, be like the rest of the community... Wait till 2014 and pick up a beautiful looking r34 of your choice, that hasn't been cut in half. Lol

    Leave a comment:


  • xkylex
    replied
    Originally posted by cschepp View Post
    I went to importfest 2 years ago and it was there.... At first I'm like no shitt, this is not the car I think it is! So I start scoping out the car. Looked along the body lines, seemed ok, looked in the engine bay, paint was chipping away from the covers and it looked to be some what of a mess. Then I started talking to the guy and after 5-10 mins of shooting the shitt he said do you wanna sit in it. I said to myself sure why not! Everything in the interior looked to be good minis a couple missing things. So I went had some beer and came back in and my buddy says let's look at it again we looked underneath and you see nothing but bracing everywhere. I'm almost 100% sure this car has been cut in half. And sorry to say this to anyone but if you pay anywhere close to 50k for this thing you got ripped off!
    Well there we have it. Thats all I was looking for haha. thx for the info!

    Leave a comment:


  • cschepp
    replied
    I went to importfest 2 years ago and it was there.... At first I'm like no shitt, this is not the car I think it is! So I start scoping out the car. Looked along the body lines, seemed ok, looked in the engine bay, paint was chipping away from the covers and it looked to be some what of a mess. Then I started talking to the guy and after 5-10 mins of shooting the shitt he said do you wanna sit in it. I said to myself sure why not! Everything in the interior looked to be good minis a couple missing things. So I went had some beer and came back in and my buddy says let's look at it again we looked underneath and you see nothing but bracing everywhere. I'm almost 100% sure this car has been cut in half. And sorry to say this to anyone but if you pay anywhere close to 50k for this thing you got ripped off!

    Leave a comment:


  • xkylex
    replied
    Originally posted by cschepp View Post
    Ok I don't care what anyone says it's not worth it.... Reason being, if you go check out the car look very closely and maybe take a quick peek underneath the car. No good! It looks like a bridge was made out of steel. I don't know if I would pay 40 for it. But would trade my car for it which has close to the amount of the vehicle in it. And mine hasn't been chopped in half
    So you've went to see it then? Give us details please!

    I'm saying is if it hasnt been welded together, just taken apart over seas and re-asembled here in Canada, revinned and registered as a kit car, it would be a good deal! It'd be worth having a kit car title to have a cheaper R34, 4 years earlier.

    Leave a comment:


  • gtrjon
    replied
    Originally posted by cschepp View Post
    Ok I don't care what anyone says it's not worth it.... Reason being, if you go check out the car look very closely and maybe take a quick peek underneath the car. No good! It looks like a bridge was made out of steel. I don't know if I would pay 40 for it. But would trade my car for it which has close to the amount of the vehicle in it. And mine hasn't been chopped in half
    have you personally seen under the car?

    Leave a comment:


  • cschepp
    replied
    Ok I don't care what anyone says it's not worth it.... Reason being, if you go check out the car look very closely and maybe take a quick peek underneath the car. No good! It looks like a bridge was made out of steel. I don't know if I would pay 40 for it. But would trade my car for it which has close to the amount of the vehicle in it. And mine hasn't been chopped in half

    Leave a comment:


  • xkylex
    replied
    What ever they did, they did it very well. Everything seems to line up properly.

    Has anyone gone to inspect it??? If it is just pieced together it could be a very good deal. It's been listed forever, Offer $40,000.

    To pay $40,000 to have an R34 GTR that can legally be driven on Canadian roads 4 years before they are legally imported and sold within Canada. Sounds like a steal to me.

    Realistically, R34's have held value since production has come to a halt. When they do hit Canadian soil I'm sure you would be paying 50-60,000 for an equally clean example.

    We need to send someone that is very knowledgable to check this car out!

    If it is welded together, that upsets my stomach. I'd hate to think someone would do that to such a beautiful vehicle.

    Leave a comment:


  • JZ
    replied
    If the R34 is mint, go for it! Personally I'd prefer a car that wasn't spliced together lol.


    Tapatalk did not crash. Whoa.

    Leave a comment:


  • gtrjon
    replied
    Originally posted by aN4rk1 View Post
    Can anyone 100% Prove that R34 was actually two cars and then welded back together?
    Maybe he brought it in piece by piece, put it back together, re-vin'd it, and registered it as a kit car.
    That's what I would do If I had the money, as it would not be cheap.

    I don't see what all of you actual issues with that car is. From what I can see, fitment is fine, the car doesn't seem to be in pieces, and it looks awesome.
    i agree that car is sexy as **** and if they did chop it into two pieces and weld it back together they did a damn good job and spent boat loads of money doing it so i doubt the car is going to split in two while driving it or anything lol

    Leave a comment:


  • aN4rk1
    replied
    Can anyone 100% Prove that R34 was actually two cars and then welded back together?
    Maybe he brought it in piece by piece, put it back together, re-vin'd it, and registered it as a kit car.
    That's what I would do If I had the money, as it would not be cheap.

    I don't see what all of you actual issues with that car is. From what I can see, fitment is fine, the car doesn't seem to be in pieces, and it looks awesome.
    Last edited by aN4rk1; 02-22-2011, 05:52 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Rainey94
    replied
    I agree with the Very very bad :P But heres one that I think JZ was talking about:

    Leave a comment:


  • Snake556
    replied
    Originally posted by Matty View Post
    I think we all know how that car would turn out

    Very. Very. Badly. :P

    Leave a comment:


  • Matty
    replied
    ^^^ I think we all know how that car would turn out...or should I say cars
    Cut and paste

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X