• Time
  • Show
Clear All

11.56 @ 123mph;
    Mods include garrett gt2860-5 turbo's 720cc injectors and unknown camshafts

Comment

Originally posted by peisden View Post
      11.56 @ 123mph;
      Mods include garrett gt2860-5 turbo's 720cc injectors and unknown camshafts
      Nice! What boost? EMS? Pump gas? If you dont mind me asking, how many mph did you pick up from the 1/8 to the 1/4?
      1987 Lamborghini Countach

Comment

60' 1.767
        330 4.899
        1/8 7.531
        mph 96.08
        1000 9.717
        1/4 11.562
        mph 123.11

This was done using C14 unleaded. Temperature was 30degrees celcuis.

Comment

Boost was set at 1.4 bar

Comment

What RPM are you shifting at? ANd what RMP and gear do you go threw the traps at? THanks
            You can't fix stupid.

Comment

Shifting at 8000 rpm, passing line in 4th at around 5800 rpm (don't quite know for sure, was to fast for me). I am having serious 60' problems. Maybe NE1 has any suggestions for tires?
              Thks

Comment

Are you running a ETC or running factory 4wd setup on launch?
                You can't fix stupid.

Comment

factory 4wd setup.

Comment

That 60 ft sounds exactly the same as mine on factory setup. The back needs to spin then the front locks up. Tha pic in my profile is just as the front tires start to lock up. By setting the etc to 30/70 I got to a 1.66. THe problem launching a stick 4wd is finding the bog point. then increase you launch rpm by 2-300 rpm. My launch at 7000 is to high. I will experiment more next race day. A 1.7 on street tires you have to remember is REALLY fast.
                    You can't fix stupid.

Comment

Thanks man, What kind of other tires can I use which will give me more traction??

Comment

That honestly sounds pretty good to me. Launching harder with more traction means a ton more stress on your differentials, axles, clutch, etc. Stickier tires just put more shock into your drivetrain. An 11.5 @ 123 is pretty damn good IMHO!
                        1990 Skyline GT-R - Jet Silver Metallic
                        It'll run someday

Comment

On the topic of tires . First off what preasure are you running? Hav you had anybody look at your burnout path and measure it to figure out your optimum pressure? Thas the first step. Plus are you spinning? And how much?
                          You can't fix stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Speeddm View Post
                            On the topic of tires . First off what preasure are you running? Hav you had anybody look at your burnout path and measure it to figure out your optimum pressure? Thas the first step. Plus are you spinning? And how much?
                            How do you look at your burnout path to determine how much pressure is needed? Seems hard to determine that imo

Comment

Thanks speeddm,
                              honestly I have not checked the tire pressure nor do I know how to check the things you mention. Definetly gonna look into that. Can you please elaborate further?
                              Thks

Comment

find a nice quiet clean piece of road. pull your fuse and do a small hard launch. Maybe 5 ft of rubber. THen go back and analize your patch. Looking at on tire mark do you see 2 thin dark strips (not enough air preasure) Full tire tread width but very dark in the mid (to much Air) (dont pay attention to the dust that is not embeded in the pavement)What you want is a nice eaven colouration. Then you will be using all your tire for transfering power. If you are running a slick you will need to do a larger burnout to acomidate tire expansion. Now keep inmind A DOT street tire is formulated to hock and work best when clean and standard operating temp. So doing a burnout with a standard tire is counter productive. (but it looks cool) THe rubber formulation in a slick set stickier when heated.
                                Thats how its done.
                                If you watch serious drag racers who look for every advantage we will have a crew member look at the burnout area at the track the car leaves. I also use my Laser Pyrometer to determin tem in thre spots on the tire outers and mid. You will see a temp spread across the tire. Even is best.

Hope this helps.
                                You can't fix stupid.

Comment

Working...
                                X