No announcement yet.

Section C ( full coverage) insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Full coverage for a gtr for under 1000$ a year would be amazing cheap! For the people in Ontario that's just a dream

Comment

state farm wouldnt insure my RHD and we have been dealing with state farm for over 20 years

with another company im at $140 a month

Comment

Originally posted by Special_K View Post
        bumping this thread because of last question about wawanesa.

I just asked my local insurer KBM and they use wawanesa.

They said a BNR32 for me, 28, no recent tickets, liability only was $519/yr for pleasure use and 5km to work one way.

I don't think I'll do this if I get a GTR and will try to find full coverage for under $1000/yr.

I pay $800 a year for full coverage on my gtr and they'll still write it off in most cases (seriously), ill just get $5-8k instead of nothing.
        No build thread.
        1991 nissan
        El terror

"Built not bought" sooner or later = "broken not running"

Comment

I pay $933 a year full coverage with disapearing deductible .

Originally posted by Mental-26 View Post
          Full coverage for a gtr for under 1000$ a year would be amazing cheap! For the people in Ontario that's just a dream

Comment

^would be interested in finding out insurance company for either my gtr or fd

Comment

Hagerty no longer insures RHD's in Ontario either. The are underwritten by Aviva which decided that they didn't want the "risk" anymore. I know this because I recently renewed my insurance with them..silver wheels plan..and they told me that they wont drop my coverage but they wont accept anymore. I was looking for a quote on another RHD which is why I asked.

I know this might piss afew people off but I do understand to a certain degree why they are doing this. RHD sportscars appeal mostly to younger male drivers because they are unique, fast and "cheap" for the amount of power you get. Because its such a small market its easy for the insurance company to limit its risk, by refusing coverage, without losing a lot of customers. It sucks because everybody gets painted in the same light but that's the insurance business. Ontario is a great province but the insurance industry here need to do more to show people why rates are so out of line with other provinces.

Comment

I'm in edmonton looking for insurance on a gtr. Who has recently insured their car here? So far I have only got liability or no coverage at all as quotes.

Comment

I spoke to Morgex this week about insurance, I was quoted $985/yr with full coverage (Liability, Collision & Comprehensive). The catch is the deductible for Collision & Comprehensive is $2500 :/
                  Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Armanio View Post
                    I'm in edmonton looking for insurance on a gtr. Who has recently insured their car here? So far I have only got liability or no coverage at all as quotes.
                    Just put insurance on mine this last Saturday... $338/yr, just pl/pd no comp. or collision. I use TD Insurance (Calgary). I'll have to look around for full coverage as TD doesn't offer full coverage for RHD cars.
                    1999 R34 GTT RB25DET Neo

Comment

Originally posted by qualthar View Post
                      I spoke to Morgex this week about insurance, I was quoted $985/yr with full coverage (Liability, Collision & Comprehensive). The catch is the deductible for Collision & Comprehensive is $2500 :/
                      Thanks for the info. I'll contact them and see what they can do for me.
                      I'm gonna try Armour as well as they have multiple underwriters, Wawanesa is one of them if I remeber right.
                      1999 R34 GTT RB25DET Neo

Comment

Originally posted by cortexx View Post
                        I pay $933 a year full coverage with disapearing deductible .
                        Dude! Who is that through?! I couldn't find anyone who would take on my car except facility. $300/month.
                        92 GTS-4

Comment

I have 2 RHD and I've owned a few. Wawenesa will only do PLPD and its about $330 per year each for me. I'd like to find an insurance company in Alberta that will do full coverage as well.

Comment

Originally posted by r33er View Post
                            I have 2 RHD and I've owned a few. Wawenesa will only do PLPD and its about $330 per year each for me. I'd like to find an insurance company in Alberta that will do full coverage as well.
                            No one in AB will do a full coverage, if there is one it would under high risk.

Comment

Originally posted by 403SKYLINEGTT View Post
                              No one in AB will do a full coverage, if there is one it would under high risk.
                              Why would you make that statement without conducting some minor due diligence. Rhetorical question of course.

Morgex in either Calgary, Edmonton / Sherwood Park, Red Deer, Lethbridge and Medicine Hat offer full coverage on RHD vehicles.

Happy Motoring...
                              1999 R34 GTT RB25DET Neo

Comment

Originally posted by r33er View Post
                                From Provost? Morgex in Sherwood Park I suppose would be the closest - 780.454.7676 or 1.800.272.8848

Cheers..
                                1999 R34 GTT RB25DET Neo

Comment

Working...
                                X