No announcement yet.

Lexus LF-A Revealed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i can't believe my new dream car has become a lexus.. hahaha guess it's the asian bustin out.
    ----------------------------------------------
    widebody rb25 r32
    Built by Fraser Valley Imports not Bought
    We aren't just Importers, We are Owners
    ----------------------------------------------
    friends of:
    genetic tuning!!!

Originally posted by Muss
    Now why would two best friends fight? I'd say they'd just make a cookie pie, tell each other bed time stories and have a sleepover.

Comment

@m_melen: They are. 500 of them.

@doublej: Yeah, I doubt that any A/M parts will be made for a car that is limited run like this. 65% CF body. Titanium pistons, rods, dry sump, and exhaust manifold. Everything looks to be top of the line already. Brakes look like they are carbon ceramic as well. And it's got a 6-speed sequential as well as a Torsen LSD. Not much room or upgrade.

@mcfly: Not really. SLS will cost twice as much as the LF-A. It's targetted at an even higher market. Think of it more as a successor to the SLR than a spiritual successor to the original Gullwing SL. Performance figures and size are very close to GT-R spec. GT-R costs less, but if you compare the Spec V and LF-A, the price isn't too far apart.

@supguyex: When we're forty we'll be rocking the Odysseys and Lexus sedans. It's pretty much inevitable. If you're a crazy rich Asian at forty, midlife crisis will hit you hard and you'll also have a Gallardo for the weekend.
      03 Infiniti G35 Coupe 5AT "Valerie"

Comment

Originally posted by QuietChaos View Post

@mcfly: Not really. SLS will cost twice as much as the LF-A. It's targetted at an even higher market. Think of it more as a successor to the SLR than a spiritual successor to the original Gullwing SL. Performance figures and size are very close to GT-R spec. GT-R costs less, but if you compare the Spec V and LF-A, the price isn't too far apart.
        you are unable to make that case. There is no official pricing on the lfa or the sls, just skepticism and assumptions . do you think it was just coincidence that the lfa was magically leaked right after the sls hit the amg site?

Lexus has been sitting on this concept car for 3 years. if they wanted to compete against the gtr they are much to late.

Comment

too bad they're limiting production.

I was hoping for a mass produced sports car.

nonetheless, these are badass.
          1992 GTR - 2.7L, GT2871R's, forged bottom end, big valves, 270* cams, R34 getrag
          2000 Honda Insight - 70+mpg daily driver
          2003 Sierra 2500HD Diesel - Tow vehicle

Comment

wow, the side really looks like a Gallardo!!
            1989 GTS4....

Comment

Here are some more pics and videos of this car:

"The best car I've ever driven"
              Testimonial by Thomas Bangma (45), leading Dutch car journalist and Nurburgring racer, trainer and precision trainer

Spy footage
              Toyota's reputation for building sensible cars for the daily commute should change drastically with the release of the 2009 Lexus LF-A. We weren't blown away...

Test Drive
              Steve Sutcliffe drives the Lexus LF-A supercar. For more Lexus news, reviews and video visit:http://www.autocar.co.uk/lexus/

RightDrive Inc. Parts Manager
              http://www.rightdrive.ca :: http://www.rightdriveparts.com :: http://www.rightdriveusa.com
              1970 Highway 7 West, Vaughan, ON :: 1-877-398-8220

Comment

Originally posted by mcfly View Post
                you are unable to make that case. There is no official pricing on the lfa or the sls, just skepticism and assumptions . do you think it was just coincidence that the lfa was magically leaked right after the sls hit the amg site?

Lexus has been sitting on this concept car for 3 years. if they wanted to compete against the gtr they are much to late.
                Look, the SLR was about half a million when it was released. Think about it. Doesn't matter how much Toyota throws into R&D, it's still badged as a Lexus. Will someone who is considering an SLS or LP640 really consider paying the same for something with a Lexus badge?

The LF-A is without a doubt, slotted above the GT-R. Performance wise, they are competitors. There will be comparisons when the auto media can get their hands on an LF-A.

But a more realistic competitor for the LF-A is the DBS, or 458 Italia. Price wise, they will be closer.

They are the only two true supercars out of Japan..comparisons are inevitable.

Comment

i think id rather have a new supra.
                  Real Skyline owners have lost at least one to a freakish accident (*- ω -) = #dungive'a

Comment

*er rather id rather want them to realise a new supra , pretty much the same car i guess with less power/overall numbers to compete with the r35.
                    nissan got lucky with selling the GTR in this market at that price tag ( i know its was a lot more the luck blah blah)
                    Hyundai did it right with then genesis theres an awesome niche market of guys who were in fast and the furious who are now 10 years older an want a new fast japanese car , but low enough price tag as to not contemplate something liek a high end 911
                    Real Skyline owners have lost at least one to a freakish accident (*- ω -) = #dungive'a

Comment

I love the lines on that thing. Damn. Wish they were making more.

And who needs aftermarket parts for this bad boy? If you can afford it you can afford to fab up some custom exhaust or intake pieces. When money is no obstacle...
                      DISCLAIMER: If any of the above comments in this post hurt your feelings you are likely taking me too seriously; I'm probably just busting your balls. If you're unsure, feel free to PM me and we can discuss the matter privately, as to not pull the thread OT.

Comment

Well, will you look at that. A German tuner has already managed to make the $375,000 supercar look like a $37,500 FnF ride..hopefully, it stays in Photoshop and out of the real world..

The Lexus LFA debuted approximately 12 hours ago and already German tuner 889speedshop is offering renderings detailing their plans for the first tuned version of the new LFA.

Comment

Originally posted by QuietChaos View Post
                          Well, will you look at that. A German tuner has already managed to make the $375,000 supercar look like a $37,500 FnF ride..hopefully, it stays in Photoshop and out of the real world..

http://jalopnik.com/5386771/889speed...uned-lexus-lfa
                          NFS underground making a comeback?

Comment

I think that looks pretty good
                            Originally posted by Oakville
                            that, is what us oakvillians like to call an 'instabone'

Comment

Originally posted by doublejceballos View Post
                              I think that looks pretty good
                              yeah but this isn't supposed to be a tuner car lol. people who buy cars over $100k are supposed to swap the rims and that's about it

Comment

who says

lets put it this way
                                I hate the mclarens

ugly
                                stupid
                                dumb
                                fast

but, (i dont think its third party companies, just mercedes) there have been a couple other models of the mclaren that I think are sick.
                                very aggressive, they have basically taken a super car, and turned it into a race car, stolen some of the refinement and made a wet your pants beast out of it.

this car, is the perfect candidate to do the same thing. except it already looks and sounds nice out of the box.

edit here ARE some tuned ones. and I say why not? I hated this car before and if your a baller do it up. That the ballers from UAE, their exotics are hardly ever stock. Why should they just swap rims?

This one may still look like the batmobile but I would still rock it

and Im sure some of the people who buy LF-A's are going to want race versions http://pictures.topspeed.com/IMG/cro...e-i_460x0w.jpg
                                Originally posted by Oakville
                                that, is what us oakvillians like to call an 'instabone'

Comment

Working...
                                X