Need suggestions for a bada$$ truck!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need suggestions for a bada$$ truck!

hey guys, at some point i'll be replacing my corolla with a 240 and/or a pickup truck. so i need to pick a truck! preferably something pre-2000, i like old stuff

it has to be available in manual, it has to be find-able for under 5k, and it has to look good! it can look mean, sleek, or stylish. any will do as long as it looks cool. trucks with body mods are great too!
    i need suggestions guys! pics are more than welcome as well.
    I've been brushing my teeth with jack but it's resulted in terrible amounts of tooth decay.

any makes in particular. You want American, Japanese.

Or doesn't matter

4x4, what you want here lol
    sigpic

Originally posted by m_melen
    ...it woulda been safer if his harness were made of jello

Comment

I like early 90s S10s myself
      My old one

Kyle
      Originally posted by funkymonkey
      You guys need to set up an RSPCS (Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Skylines) and take a baseball bat to the heads of owners that bring disrespect to the heritage by being metrosexual knob jockeys behind the steering wheel.

Comment

At that year/price, i totally dig the 86-90 F150's.. Super crew, manual 5 speed with overdrive.. My buddy has one next door.. It's beat to *$&@ but it sounds ridonks with straight pipes..

Summit's got a good deal on lift kits too 4" suspension lift with a 2" body on 35x12.5's BFG All-terrains wrapped on AR Baja's.. Youre set bud.. Thing is a solid truck..

I used to rep an 04 Ranger with a 4" lift kit on 31x10.5's until i traded it for my current skyline and parts car... Loved it!
        Check out the GTST Projects page and keep up to date with my build!
        www.nelsonmx.wordpress.com
        Like us on Facebook! www.facebook.com/NelsonMX
        Any part inquiries can be forwarded to marc@nelsonmx.com

Comment

Get an old 12v cummins... those trucks can tow anything and are ultra reliable.

or an s10... can't really go wrong with an s10, reliable old mule of a truck. My friend has got an old s10 2wd v6 longbox, 280xxxks no rust, no mechanical issues and still hauls his dirtbikes and various other junk all where-ever he needs

Comment

Personally i like the late 90's early 2000's dodge durango or dakota, in the case of a pickup. Friend of mine has had both and they've been nothing but reliable.
            “Hey, come on, its a car right? No. It’s a symbol of your history, its a thread of continuity from which you came to where you are. It’s important that you don’t want to forget who you are.” -Dr.Phil in "Love the Beast"

Comment

Big trucks are for small penises. Regular trucks I have no problem with since they are there for a purpose. But 20'' lifts and big tires on your squeaky clean bigasstruck (which you don't actually use as a truck is meant to) screams "overcompensate" to the ladies.

True story.

Oh how many times I've been loading a motorcycle into the back of a customers bigasstruck and wonder... "why TF does he have this SO DAMN HIGH!! What purpose could it possibly serve other than causing me grief".

Don't even get me started on lowriders. GJEESH!

TROL

Comment

Originally posted by falcon View Post
                Big trucks are for small penises. Regular trucks I have no problem with since they are there for a purpose. But 20'' lifts and big tires on your squeaky clean bigasstruck (which you don't actually use as a truck is meant to) screams "overcompensate" to the ladies.

True story.

Oh how many times I've been loading a motorcycle into the back of a customers bigasstruck and wonder... "why TF does he have this SO DAMN HIGH!! What purpose could it possibly serve other than causing me grief".

Don't even get me started on lowriders. GJEESH!
                /agreed.

and also big trucks suck ass offroad if you ever do anything other than mud bogging...

in the snow they like to break through the layer of frozen stuff on top and get htemselves stuck.

in the trails they tend to not fit into places beacause they are so huge.

the long wheel base = shitty turning radius

get a mini-truck.. with a bit of a lift and 31/33" tires they will go anywhere

jeep comanche's are sweet, my friend just built one, put a 6" lift in it on 33's the thing is ALMOST as good as my yota :P

or a TJ/YJ with a small lift, or even a cherokee

or any yota would do, a little underpowered, but if you want to spend a bit more you can get yourself a Hilux Surf with the 1KZ-TE 3.0L turbo diesel with a 5spd, just as much power as the jeep 4.0L, makes peak torque at a lower RPM than the jeeps, AND gets twice the fuel milage

...oh and not to mention the turbo diesel sounds fricken sick with a straight pipe :wink:

Comment

Watch this:
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lrk6v...x=0&playnext=1
                  and your decision will be made.

Comment

landcruiser or bust.
                    Real Skyline owners have lost at least one to a freakish accident (*- ω -) = #dungive'a

Comment

Delica
                      R32 GTR FULL SERVICE MANUAL DOWNLOAD:
                      http://forums.gtrcanada.com/faq/36-holy-bible-6.html#post467565

Comment

i really like kyles's old s10! that's got alot of potential. black paint with some muscle car style rims maybe.
                        the top gear tacoma test is pretty impressive, if i had big bucks i'd go for a tacoma x-runner but this has gotta be cheap!
                        i'm open to aaaaalll trucks regardless of make, model, 4x4, anything. and to those bashing enormous lifted trucks, they're damn fun when you want to go mudding! i'm not trying to impress anybody with it, i just like a f$%king cool truck.
                        keep 'em coming! especially with pics!

thanks for all these tips guys!
                        I've been brushing my teeth with jack but it's resulted in terrible amounts of tooth decay.

Comment

My old S10 was a decent truck and it only cost me $3000. Had a 4.3 V6 and a 350 swap is pretty cheap as far as motor swaps go. It had enough jam for me when i owned it so i kept the V6. Full magnaflow exaust made it sound pretty good too. Constantly got asked if it was V8 swap'd..
                          Extended cab was nice for my huge sub but not so much for 2 people with the cheesy flip down seats. All in all i would buy another. Just a heads up that the 4Cyl sucks in every way

Kyle
                          You guys need to set up an RSPCS (Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Skylines) and take a baseball bat to the heads of owners that bring disrespect to the heritage by being metrosexual knob jockeys behind the steering wheel.

Comment

i'll make sure to get a v6 then if i get the truck. thanks dude!

Comment

durango 1/4 tonnes came with V8s stock but I heard the milage on them isnt great and i know they dont have much more power then the stock 4.3 in S10s

Kyle

Comment

Working...
                              X