Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• johnnyjohnny
    replied
    It's called insurance fraud...which is actually a form of breach of contract. An insurance contract will state that either A) no modifications or non-oem parts are allowed, or B) all modifications must be declared. If you breach either of those two conditions, you are in breach of contract. Too many people don't read the fine print, but it's all there. Some companies may let simple things slide, like an air filter or brake pads, but other don't, and they do have the right to stick to the letter of the contract.

My advice - find a broker that deals with an insurance underwriter that allows modifications as long as they are declared. Unfortunately, those are becoming harder to find.

Leave a comment:

• beacher1B0
    replied
    ^ I dont want to be that guy. Silver Wheels or similar here I come.
    And same with my friend, he is also going to Silver wheels if he can.
    Last edited by beacher1B0; 06-18-2011, 03:34 AM.

Leave a comment:

• GTR-Dad
    replied
    There is no substitute for telling the truth. If you misrepresent the performance enhancing mods you've got, your insurance company will not like you at all. It'll give them a GREAT reason to deny coverage. Ontario, Alberta, ANYWHERE!

Don't be that guy.

Leave a comment:

• starboy869
    replied
    I thought Silver wheels was meant for rare/classic car. BTW You get in a fender bender at the local dairy queen, mall, or corner store insurance denied.

Leave a comment:

• aN4rk1
    replied
    Originally posted by beacher1B0 View Post
    Good point. I will advise him to change Insurance company.

I have learned alot today about insurance in Ontario. If i had a build page and my insurance didnt know of my mods, I would be deleting it pronto.
    I will be talking to Silver wheels and leaving St Farm, St Farm has a NO MOD policy and if u get into a accident and they see mods, u r cancelled right there for Un-Disclosure.
    I always wondered why some parts you would buy at NAPA or where ever say "OE Replacement". If the part doesnt say that and your insurance finds out, cancelled/denied because of Non-Standard parts. Also, if repairs are not done at a licensed shop with reciepts, cancelled/denied. So for example, you buy aftermarket pads(Non-OE replacement) and slotted rotors, slap them on yourself(you hate repair shops because of shotty repair work). 25 days later you rearend someone and its there fault 100%, adjuster notices your slotted rotors, ahhh Non-standard parts = denied claim and Un-disclosed parts = cancelled policy.
    Yup. Welcome to Ontario...Yours to discover!

Leave a comment:

• beacher1B0
    replied
    Good point. I will advise him to change Insurance company.

I have learned alot today about insurance in Ontario. If i had a build page and my insurance didnt know of my mods, I would be deleting it pronto.
    I will be talking to Silver wheels and leaving St Farm, St Farm has a NO MOD policy and if u get into a accident and they see mods, u r cancelled right there for Un-Disclosure.
    I always wondered why some parts you would buy at NAPA or where ever say "OE Replacement". If the part doesnt say that and your insurance finds out, cancelled/denied because of Non-Standard parts. Also, if repairs are not done at a licensed shop with reciepts, cancelled/denied. So for example, you buy aftermarket pads(Non-OE replacement) and slotted rotors, slap them on yourself(you hate repair shops because of shotty repair work). 25 days later you rearend someone and its there fault 100%, adjuster notices your slotted rotors, ahhh Non-standard parts = denied claim and Un-disclosed parts = cancelled policy.
    Last edited by beacher1B0; 06-17-2011, 04:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• aN4rk1
    replied
    Tell him to switch insurance companies after the tune. I think its pretty simple.
    New insurance company doesn't have to know about the tune as I am pretty sure they cant prove that.

Leave a comment:

• beacher1B0
    replied
    Been doin some research. It dont look good for anyone who lives in Onterrible.

Leave a comment:

• beacher1B0
    started a topic Insurance VS Modifications

Insurance VS Modifications

What rights/procedures does the insurance company pocess to F-up your life when they find out you have mods on your car? In Ontario.
    Background - A Good friend of mine F-ed up. He called his insurance to suspend coverage on his Monte SS Intimidator while his ECU was goint to be sent out and re-tuned. He idiotically told them his intentions, his insurance company indefintely suspended his coverage on the Monte till a investigator could come and inspect his car. His Monte still has OEM tune and a K&N FIPK. Thats all for mods.
    My friend is a bit of a push over/yes man, If the investigator told him he had to give the car to charity, HE MIGHT.
    So any advice or direction so I can research this and help him fight the system would be some much appreciated. Thanks in Advance freedom fighters.
Working...
X