Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RHD Insurance starting to be declined (Calgary)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RHD Insurance starting to be declined (Calgary)

Went to insure a new vehicle with my current company (which also currently insures my R32). To start off they asked me a few questions.

Will this car be used to transport radioactive materials. No
    Will it be used for non licensed commercial purposes. No
    Is it Right hand Drive. No

So out of curiosity I ask. What happens if I answered yes to any of those? Well the car is un-insurable. I know they are starting to crack down and it appears as if they are no longer accepting RHD vehicles to insure.

Just a heads up to any Calgary folk. Keep that insurance on!
    Originally posted by archaeic_bloke
    hows the warp drive? i've seen far too many GTR's lately that just arent able to hit warp speed.

Which company was it? I put insurance on my R32 just today and they asked me the normal questions but there was no problem. I use TD and have had multiple vehicles insured by them. This is my first RHD one though.

Comment

Originally posted by GTRiNsane View Post
      Which company was it? I put insurance on my R32 just today and they asked me the normal questions but there was no problem. I use TD and have had multiple vehicles insured by them. This is my first RHD one though.
      Really? TD denied me a few years ago because rhd. I'm with 2 separate car insurance companies right now which is kind of dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by GTRiNsane View Post
        Originally posted by louis110 View Post
        Really? TD denied me a few years ago because rhd. I'm with 2 separate car insurance companies right now which is kind of dumb.
        This was with cooperators. Interesting to see TD adopt 2 different stand points.
        Originally posted by archaeic_bloke
        hows the warp drive? i've seen far too many GTR's lately that just arent able to hit warp speed.

Comment

When I lived in Alberta I always used TD melonche monex for my rhd cars. Sometimes it seems like the individual offices adopt their own policies for some reason. I left state farm because they were giving me a hard time insuring my first skyline but I know a few people who had no issues with a different state farm location.

Comment

I insured my car couple of weeks back with western direct, they ask a series of question for what purpose I be using the car for and they insure my car right away. I have 1 with them already, but the looks of it they insure RHD vehicle here in AB. TD will also insure RHD but hell its like $1400 non comprehensive coverage, intact insure as well but I think you must have 1 vehicle insure with them.

Comment

I talked to TD (who insures our daily drivers and home) about a month ago about insuring my R32 and they said they no longer insure these cars.

Good thing I already had insurance elsewhere; my car falls under the 'collectors' category so I can apply for that status and get special rates under a different company....feel bad for the other Skyline owners as the insurance companies seem to be trying to eradicate the cars from the road.

BTW - they'll be MORE than happy to insure your 800+hp Alpha R35 GT-R...doesnt make a bit of sense to me.

Comment

Working...
              X