No announcement yet.

Decent GTR Cooling Solution ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's not a problem with buying parts off of ebay but more so buying parts that are branded ebay.

Comment

Originally posted by JD74 View Post
      Are we back to this again ?.........

OK, maybe I'm not as cool because I chose to have many of my parts Drop Shipped to me from the manufacturers, using Ebay Sellers as middle men instead of paying the 'JDM Appreciation Tax' associated with more 'Regal' operations throughout the world (with the exception of that KNOCK-OFF Nissan Dealership I deal with in the 'States' that insists on selling Nisan and Nismo parts with only a 10% markup vs the typical 100%-200% markup found elsewhere)........

What can I say other than, rather than helping someone else make 6 mortgage payments, I decided to make those payments myself and FOR myself.

I have litterally saved thousands of dollars thus far (atleast 1/4 to 1/3 overall savings) and have NOT had to sacrifice anything in the process. Same sh1t, shipped from the same warehouses......just cheaper prices....that's all.....and I am NOT talking about spending all my money on Autobahn88 stuff either (although I like their stuff so far). Strickly speaking of all of my namebrand items - not knock-offs.

It seems that the World's JDM Market place is still some 'secret' 17th Century establishment that is kept under the radar by Ninjas with secret price points and the like with manditory inflated pricing to kick back to the Yakuza..........and if there is 1 thing that scares me, it's....well, it's actually SOCK PUPPETS mostly, but Ninjas are pretty scarry as well and come in a close second in the grand scheme of things.

It's like this:
      I log into RHD Japan, check prices on something that I am interested in. I then check Greenline....who is always cheaper. I then browse Ebay to see what REALISTIC AND COMPETITIVE PRICING looks like across the spectrum, then I make my decision from there.

I also usually give everyone a FAIR opportunity to Price Match. Fortunately, since nearly everything is drop shipped from the Manufacturer anyways, why shouldn't I choose the cheapest means of getting my item ?

Competition is what fuels a Capitalist World - on EVERY LEVEL.

Also, my first priority is to feed myself. I will not lower myself to eating Kraft Dinner so that my friendly JDM sales rep can eat Prime Rib every night of the week.

How do you shop in your every day life ?
      If Walmart, Zellers and The Bay all sell the same product for $500, but Costco sells it for $350.......are you going to go to say, Walmart ? because they have the friendliest smiling Greeter working the door ? or are you going to do the SMART THING and take your money to Costco ?

In the real world, using my examples of Retailers above (walmart, Bay etc.) - it doesn't get anymore "back-door, Grey Market, Non-Authorized Dealer Status" than Costco - so if you shop at Costco, are you essentially helping to bring down and ruin the competition ? or are you using your god given right to CHOOSE and choose smart ?

Unfortunately, some retailers find it more advantagous to turn a sale away rather than cutting their markup. This is quite evident in Drop Ship Sales because why would they have to SELL ? it's not like they have stock eating up their Operating Capitol right ? it's not like they have to move inventory ? right ?

Most Drop ship retailers have the ability to not only burry the Grey market, but remain competitive each and every day of the week.

Most Grey Market establishments are those that have purchased in BULK and on Clearence and are REQUIRED TO MOVE PRODUCT and reflect that in their pricing. They work on a 'numbers' game by way of QUANTITY.
      Again, most Drop shippers work, well, only when they want and on their own pricing terms and are FAR FROM COMPETITIVE even at the best of times.

This works in reverse in venues such as Ebay, where Drop Ship sellers will make the sale at whatever the markup, as long as they are making something, because at the end of the day.....they didn't really have to do anything for the money anyways and they see it correctly. Unfortunately, some people still do not.

I am an Educated Person and am a fan of Darwin - Natural Selection and Adaptation all the way. 'Competition', of sorts, plays a huge role in all of this, as it should.

/end rant.
      DUDE, EXACTLY!!! thanks for the good write up... it would have taken me about 3 days to put that together, damn EBay haters. A little research can go a long way.

Stay away from no name crap and your good to go... Hey man, thier loss your gain

Comment

Originally posted by skyline_addict View Post
        DUDE, EXACTLY!!! thanks for the good write up... it would have taken me about 3 days to put that together, damn EBay haters. A little research can go a long way.

Stay away from no name crap and your good to go... Hey man, thier loss your gain
        To sum this up, we call it the pricing equilibrium

Comment

I've used ebay for window stickers and DVDs, I just like roasting ebay. We'll have to check out each other's rides some time . I didn't use a "middle man" and went for best quality/reliability. In the end, who cares where you buy parts. I'm just the type of guy that would rather trust the dealer up top then the pusher/runner. Personal opinion only.
          No build thread.
          1991 nissan
          El terror

"Built not bought" sooner or later = "broken not running"

Comment

Originally posted by Bruizer View Post
            I'm just the type of guy that would rather trust the dealer up top then the pusher/runner. Personal opinion only.
            But now, even with Dealers bashing each other....who can you trust ?

Comment

But now, even with Dealers bashing each other....who can you trust ?
              My soon to be live blog

Comment

Originally posted by mcfly View Post
                My soon to be live blog
                Perhaps if you weren't such a little girl lately and ansawer my PMs...... ...regardless of how stupid my questions are...lol

Comment

Perhaps if you weren't such a little girl lately and ansawer my PMs...... ...regardless of how stupid my questions are...lol
                  I have no new pm's from you:hit newb:

Comment

Daryl, Adam, Mike... just to name a few
                    No build thread.
                    1991 nissan
                    El terror

"Built not bought" sooner or later = "broken not running"

Comment

Originally posted by mcfly View Post
                      I have no new pm's from you:hit newb:
                      I sent you 2 in the last week saying basically "please help talk me out of buying Al's head because it's just TOO MUCH CAM for me".......or something like that.

I just wanted your opinion on the CAM size in that head he has that's completely re-finished for $3400......

Look to 10-07-2008 2:51pm

Comment

Working...
                      X