WTF ? Greddy Twin Hi/Lo Manifold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF ? Greddy Twin Hi/Lo Manifold

Could someone please look closely at the link below and try to explain to me WHAT is going on ? This is bar far the weirdest Twin Setup I have come across.

Here's what I get from the pics: (I even had to Photoshop/cut/arrange the pics to help wrap my mind around things).
    - Twins, obviously
    - Front = High Mount T3 (regardless of current adapter)
    - Rear = Low Mount T3 (regardless of current adapter)
    - Balance Tube connector
    - Front has Low mounted Wastegate flange, rear has nothing.

Is my synposis correct ? did Greddy make a high/low Twin Manifold Kit w/balance tube back in the day ?

What is the deal with this thing ?

at first I thought the pictures were just making it look that way, and one was rotated incorrectly, but I think you're right.

I'm not sure WTF is going on there. But whatever it is, it's weird.
    1992 GTR - 2.7L, GT2871R's, forged bottom end, big valves, 270* cams, R34 getrag
    2000 Honda Insight - 70+mpg daily driver
    2003 Sierra 2500HD Diesel - Tow vehicle

Comment

Quad turbo..?

Im confused.
      '12 STi Sedan

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think it says anywhere that the manifolds are Greddy's. Only that they have a greddy td adapter fitted.

So it's probably custom. And kinda expensive at that. I'd be curious to see how the turbos sit with that manifold though...
        1990 Nismo GtR #283
        354hp - 292 ft-lbs
        -"And I thought my girlfriend was high maintenance..." -Etienne

Comment

in my eyes its straight forward.

both manifolds connect to each other and they share one Wategate. the three bolt flange to connect to the turbo is removeable and you can use the 4 bolt T3 underneath if thats why turbos fit for you. and yes front is top, rear is bottom mount
          Fast isn't Fast enough

Comment

Originally posted by mwracing View Post
            in my eyes its straight forward.

both manifolds connect to each other and they share one Wategate. the three bolt flange to connect to the turbo is removeable and you can use the 4 bolt T3 underneath if thats why turbos fit for you. and yes front is top, rear is bottom mount
            That's exactly what I initially though..BUT;

Why Hi/Lo ? what purpose/benefit would this odd-ball design have ? as it still uses the low-rear, which is the biggest problem anyways, right ? (in terms of heat, reliability etc.)

Maybe an unmatched Sequential Twin Setup with a smaller rear ? rather than a matched parallel setup ? big front, small rear ? (lol)

Comment

Originally posted by JD74 View Post
              That's exactly what I initially though..BUT;

Why Hi/Lo ? what purpose/benefit would this odd-ball design have ? as it still uses the low-rear, which is the biggest problem anyways, right ? (in terms of heat, reliability etc.)

Maybe an unmatched Sequential Twin Setup with a smaller rear ? rather than a matched parallel setup ? big front, small rear ? (lol)
              the setup is not at all piped for a sequential, if it was, both manifolds would collect together into one pipe, which has a wastegate effect that leads after opening to a secondary turbo.
              Fast isn't Fast enough

Comment

but i see your point. not to functional, and now requires custom dual downpipes
                Fast isn't Fast enough

Comment

whatever is was it couldn't have worked to well, otherwise it wouldn't be for sale
                  Tџяϊsмø

Comment

Originally posted by Turismo View Post
                    whatever is was it couldn't have worked to well, otherwise it wouldn't be for sale
                    LOL.....good call.

Comment

i had a setup like this come to me, and it was pretty well designed, but i cant say if they're one off or a rare production done by another manufacturer.

I think, the main reason they did that ( if you pay close attention, they have t3 flanges) is to make enough room or massive down pipes... a t3 turbo idealy needs a 3" or bigger down pipe, and when doing this setup, the setup wants you to take the front turbos down pipe and go over the rear turbo. this alllowed me to run a 3.5 down on both... and yes, we did ceramic coat the pipes and make heat barriers...

also, this kit allowed the charge pipes to flow betteras there was ample room for large filter pipes as well as charge piping.....

i also just notived this one has odd Wastegate flanges. one 39mm and one 44???? WTF????
                      the one i did only had one 44 mm

i have a pic somewhere here so ill try to dig it up..

Comment

I see.

Gracer had that hi, low Greedy exhaust manifold setup and was producing around 400-550kw (536.4-737.55hp at wheels) -

The photo's of Gracer are on this page -

Deblinged racetrack setup -

Gracer in it's early stages -

RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

don't even ask how i found this because it was total ******** luck.

file name suggests it's bolted to an rb30

further investigating...http://www.osgiken.co.uk/3litrekit.asp
                          Tџяϊsмø

Comment

That would be a sweet setup. You have the overhead look of a single but the response of twins. Also you could run huge ass dumps for the turbos.. i wonder if there is a production exhaust setup for this type of design?

Comment

Working...
                            X