Rear Diff Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Diff Discussion

So after my track event my stock old rear diff has loads of play and is making noise... I believe its on its way out... now what I wanna know is your opinion on 1.5 or 2 way replacement... I'm steering towards Nismo but I'm open to options. I'm running 500whp I daily drive it during the summer but I also bring it to the track for lapping and eventually time attack. I've already made sacrifices on ride comfort with suspension and I don't regret doing that, I've just never been in a vehicle with a 1.5 or 2 way aftermarket diff... so please tell me your experiences with your aftermarket diff and if there is any major disadvantages to having what you chose on your car.

Thanks,

Curt

1.5 way. Buy a Quaife. No better option in my opinion. No stupid clutches to wear out and no friction modifies required for the oil. Less maintenance too.

Comment

Depends on use of the car.

KAAZ makes a diffhead that allows to adjust the timing of when the diffhead locks up -

Down the bottom of this link it explains the difference between 1.5 way, 2 way diffheads which is application specific -

But like any diffhead with plates they require a rebuild.
      RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

The Quafie looks very interesting... I bet its a little more cash then the Kaaz... I'll price them out... good info guys, thanks alot! Keep posting if you have more to add.

Thanks

Comment

Check out Whitehead performance somewhere in Southern Ontario. The Quiafe diff for our car is about $1400. Worth it if you plan to keep your car for a while.
          Last edited by bobbo; 07-20-2015, 12:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X