No announcement yet.

Ben's Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ben, you are part of a Sponsor team......the @sshole comment is not cool.

Otherwise, the next time that JNS has a little 'hickup' in terms of dealings (and trust me, there are MORE than a few of us that waited for results for MONTHS AND MONTHS from JNS without going public)....we won't hold our tongues...or our typing fingers anymore.

I mean, it's one thing for a jerk like me to call Mcfly an @sshole.....but think twice and look at the position you are in.

Those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

BTW, Nice project, Nice parts......scary-as-sh1t-idea with the Fuel system.
    (I lost a 9 month old car...fresh of the lot, to a fire after a Blower install and fuel problem).

Anyways. Cheers and I hope you re-consider your pics and remarks.
    Allan

Comment

Yes due to a previous parts employee who helped out some people got f-d with, I agree. But during that time I was not made aware of practically anything that person was doing (still selling parts for himself which JNS payed for, but obviously never received cash for), months later (past 6 months) I have had numerous people come forward and say they didn't receive this or that. All been customers that staff dealt with, which I still havent received money for.... It isn't just $30 here $40 there.

Allan, I believe your issue got sorted out with that person. Again... one of those purchases I never received or got mention of until well after I should have been contacted. At that point he was on the out and I was completely fed up with the way he was handling things. I am sorry for that.

Every sponsor who has been on here for a decent amount of time will say they have deals that turned out bad for either them, the customer or both. Its just business and not everything works out 100% everytime. Exp: Apex'i USA screw every order up in some way. Weather its shipping, the product or wait times.

If anyone has an issues with myself or Ben please shoot me a PM. I will try to resolve it quickly.

-----------

As for the crank, look at it from his perspective. Purchased a $1200 crank to later find out its got a crack making it a gigantic door stop. You would be pissed too and weather he has a company in his user name or not, people have there own opinion. Its a personal matter not a company matter.

He is just trying to prove that is was done before he received it, weather Damien knew or not. If he truly didn't know... good, I hope he didn't. He is a very respected member by both myself and the community. And I can see how he wouldn't notice this, as we didn't until months after the fact.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, back to the built. lets turn this 180 degrees and focus on whats important.
      2009 Mercedes C63 AMG. Daily
      1969 Cooper S. Restored
      1994 Rover Mini 1460cc, 134whp, 7 port fuel injected w/ITB's, & straight cuts w/ 4.67 gearing

Comment

cant you just machine the crank and fix it???
        Fraser Valley Imports.ca
        (The Detailer)
        We aren't just Importers, we are Owners

Bike Project: Susie - 05 Suzuki GSXR 600
        Car Project: In The Making

Comment

We believe it is cracked all the way through as its on both sides. And it has been machined already, over machined actually. So they welded it up in order make it usable again, causing the black dots and also causing it to fracture due to the heat or welding to quickly.

Easiest way to put it at 1 am.
          1969 Cooper S. Restored
          1994 Rover Mini 1460cc, 134whp, 7 port fuel injected w/ITB's, & straight cuts w/ 4.67 gearing

Comment

Well i appreciate the fact that your tryng to back up your friend there JD. But you should really read your post again. Braden pretty much said whats needed so i'm just going to leave you with this.. If someone got ripped off $1200 while wearing their mcdonalds uniform and went around calling him an asshole people arent going to be like "dont call him an asshole you making mcdonalds look bad"

on another note your right about the fan. Probably not a good idea. Thanks for that part of your post

Comment

Fair enough.

I do however have a brand new R34 Crank (manufactuer date of 2007 on the box I believe) that I will not be using that will be up for sale shortly, as I am using an External Oil Pump (Moroso 22600) and do not require a proper snout on the crank (because it will not have to drive a pump)...and I will use one of my R32 crankshafts instead.

Keep that in mind if you wish and best of luck with everything else.

Allan

Comment

Thanks Allen I'll keep that in mind. I wouldn't mind that baller Tomei one but with the exchange and shipping it's just out of my price range

Is anyone running or planning on running an engine pre-luber? Most of the wear on bearings is caused from dry starts so I'm pretty much sold on the idea. Should be good for the turbos as well

Comment

you mean an acusump?

having 80PSI pre start is always nice. i have priced out the 3 quart set up, and with all the AN lines i figure it would be about 500 bucks or so. US currency.

when i do my power upgrades, it will deff be a part of the package.

Comment

Originally posted by Braden @ JNS Imports View Post
                    Yes due to a previous parts employee who helped out some people got f-d with, I agree. But during that time I was not made aware of practically anything that person was doing (still selling parts for himself which JNS payed for, but obviously never received cash for), months later (past 6 months) I have had numerous people come forward and say they didn't receive this or that. All been customers that staff dealt with, which I still havent received money for.... It isn't just $30 here $40 there.

Every sponsor who has been on here for a decent amount of time will say they have deals that turned out bad for either them, the customer or both. Its just business and not everything works out 100% everytime. Exp: Apex'i USA screw every order up in some way. Weather its shipping, the product or wait times.

If anyone has an issues with myself or Ben please shoot me a PM. I will try to resolve it quickly.
                    Im in shock.
                    Im sorry but I remember clearly Being arround pretty often when that "Other person" would call you to "place orders" and weeks & weeks later, even months would go by, the same parts Wouldnt show up(cause Ive waited for some myself). They always seemed to Be stuck at customs or on back order...Or you couldnt get a drive from lethbridge, or your dad wasnt coming to town.

Another thing you cant blame this "other person" for, are Rollie's Elbows. he ordered them early Summer(late June early July) And when did we get them?
                    October was it not? So your excuses were "they ran out so they had to be made." (ok believable) But then "they had a Shortage of staff due to the Olypics?" (Mmm Ok!Fine. lame but ok) "Then they were stuck at customs" (Sure)
                    Then You "forgot to bring them into town"(Awesome!) Then You "brought them into Calgary but You dint call him"? But then Finally You got an interview at his work and He finally received them. Then he Told you in January. (When he opened the box when he finally had a weekend to work on the car, that the o2 housings dint fit. You said you couldnt return them(that's ok), but you would get a hold of Autobahn88 and yet we've still heard nothing from you.

I can see MCFLY not wanting to return something 11 months later, if You wont return Something 3 Months later Still in the Box Clearly never used as they dint Fit,nor was it broken.(and thats ok, rules are rules right) After you said no one else had issues using that product on the GTR. We just have really bad karma dont we?
                    Im not trying to pick a fight or give you a bad name or anything but if you want to run a business, Take responsibilties for your actions. you cant blame everyone else.
                    We've ordered from Diffrent companies and at the most (coming from Japan) it took 13 to 14 days. If Paying customers want a product Im sure they expect it in a somewhat timely matter. Yeah sure Every Sponser has its ups and Downs but it seems to constantly be happening with the products we've ordered from you. Bad coincidences?

Again No harsh Feelings and I hate to rain on your parade, But I cant see how blaming everyone else will help if that problem is still happening today.
                    I know Your going to have something to say to this, But while telling us Your Side again, we're expecting you will get back to us regarding what autobahn88 had to say regaring the housings.
                    93 GTR - Sold
                    92 4 Door - Sold
                    90 GTS-T - Winter Beater
                    2010 Toyota Venza, Mommy Mobile

Comment

Yes that person did place many orders... main problem was and I made him aware of this that I needed to receive money for purchases if I wanted to continue placing orders. We can't just send send send and not receive any capital back. That's what was happening and couldn't continue. Parts would arrive in Lethbridge, take them to calgary and be told I will send you some money when I get it. Which 9/10 didn't happen. Its just not the way it works and I trusted him too much, in the end I did receive some money back but no where near the amount that went out or has gone out since that point.

In Rollies case those were true, I can forward you emails from autobahn88 to verify this. Regarding returning the parts to autobahn88 cause the o2's didn't fit, I have contacted them plenty of times with not much more than "we can send another set, but you pay $50-100 shipping" "Does not state these use the factory O2 sensors. try running a larger o2 sensor" - what o2 sensors would you use? Also I never said I wouldn't return them, I said let me contact Autobahn88 for information and try to get this sorted out first so you get what you need... the new elbows. Obviously that hasn't panned out and I have not spoken with Rollie about this lately. I will PM him regarding it.

Not trying to blame other people. You just have to know all the facts before pointing fingers... in JD's case it was that person which dealt with him and I was referring to that. In your case... I never knew you ordered any parts last summer or any time since, that I was not aware of.

Most products you have ordered are Autobahn88, which we will no longer be carrying once current stock is gone. I will place an order, they tell me they have everything in stock. I go and transfer the money to them and wait for the order to come in.... Nothing. Contact them, reply been they are back ordered on this this and this. Even though they told me everything was in stock. Finally get the stock in and they send it out... gets to customs and they have only included 1 invoice with the shipment (not 3 as needed) so i have to hassle them for more copys etc... you get the point!

lastly, problem is not happening today. Things are been ran much different than last summer. If you order a product that is in stock, Its promised to arrive within 1 week anywhere in Canada. And parts not in stock but at are distributor take 1 week direct shipping to you, if they are back ordered from the company then a rep from are distributors will contact you stating this.

-------------------

anyway, back on point. Please PM me for further discussion anyone.
                      1969 Cooper S. Restored

Comment

None of this has anything to do with me or my project
                        F*ck my thread.

Comment

Well, When You dont know when Parts are coming in, dont keep saying "in a week" it's okay to say "I dont know"

You will have a few PM's here very shortly from either me or Rollie

Ben, sorry for jacking your thread. Awesome build so far, it will be nice to see on the streets this summer
                          93 GTR - Sold
                          92 4 Door - Sold
                          90 GTS-T - Winter Beater
                          2010 Toyota Venza, Mommy Mobile

Comment

Yes that person did place many orders... main problem was and I made him aware of this that I needed to receive money for purchases if I wanted to continue placing orders. We can't just send send send and not receive any capital back. That's what was happening and couldn't continue. Parts would arrive in Lethbridge, take them to calgary and be told I will send you some money when I get it. Which 9/10 didn't happen. Its just not the way it works and I trusted him too much, in the end I did receive some money back but no where near the amount that went out or has gone out since that point.

In Rollies case those were true, I can forward you emails from autobahn88 to verify this. Regarding returning the parts to autobahn88 cause the o2's didn't fit, I have contacted them plenty of times with not much more than "we can send another set, but you pay $50-100 shipping" "Does not state these use the factory O2 sensors. try running a larger o2 sensor" - what o2 sensors would you use? Also I never said I wouldn't return them, I said let me contact Autobahn88 for information and try to get this sorted out first so you get what you need... the new elbows. Obviously that hasn't panned out and I have not spoken with Rollie about this lately. I will PM him regarding it.

Not trying to blame other people. You just have to know all the facts before pointing fingers... in JD's case it was that person which dealt with him and I was referring to that. In your case... I never knew you ordered any parts last summer or any time since, that I was not aware of.

Most products you have ordered are Autobahn88, which we will no longer be carrying once current stock is gone. I will place an order, they tell me they have everything in stock. I go and transfer the money to them and wait for the order to come in.... Nothing. Contact them, reply been they are back ordered on this this and this. Even though they told me everything was in stock. Finally get the stock in and they send it out... gets to customs and they have only included 1 invoice with the shipment (not 3 as needed) so i have to hassle them for more copys etc... you get the point!

lastly, problem is not happening today. Things are been ran much different than last summer. If you order a product that is in stock, Its promised to arrive within 1 week anywhere in Canada. And parts not in stock but at are distributor take 1 week direct shipping to you, if they are back ordered from the company then a rep from are distributors will contact you stating this.

-------------------

anyway, back on point. Please PM me for further discussion anyone.

hahahahahahaha
                            hahaha

oh braden braden, since you are still a sponsor ill put my foot in my mouth
                            all i have to say is

*facepalm

on a lighter note, ben your project looks sexy, shitty deal that your crank was cracked, i remember it sitting pretty in your house, still in the package.
                            Skyline hipster owl

Comment

Would you care to pay outstanding balances for the parts which were supposedly sold? Including the strut bar your selling.

Enough, contact me through Pm.
                              1969 Cooper S. Restored

Comment

Would you care to pay outstanding balances for the parts which were supposedly sold? Including the strut bar your selling.

Enough, contact me through Pm.
                                there is no outstanding balances, the strut bars yours. contact me through pm if you want to meet up and get it
                                Skyline hipster owl

Comment

Working...
                                X