C-unit's NuB GTR project o0o!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow, just wow.

Are you staying N/A? Or are you going all out and boosting it?

Just crazy man, I wish I had skills like you and the budget to build something this insane.

GJDM.
    BNR32- Sold
    1998 Evolution V

Comment

• What knuckles are those?

Comment

• Originally posted by quadracer111 View Post
        Wow, just wow.

Are you staying N/A? Or are you going all out and boosting it?

Just crazy man, I wish I had skills like you and the budget to build something this insane.

GJDM.
        I am staying NA for now. Boost will come next year when I am used to the power.

Originally posted by MattRose View Post
        What knuckles are those?
        Custom Knuckles From OZdesign/Fortress Fab
        Biggest selection of Skyline CarbonFiber & FRP Aero in Canada. PM me.

Comment

• Notched the upper knuckle (shock mount piece) for the brakes yet? even on stock gts calipers with modded knuckles, this is needed. From what I've seen in person anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by plankworx View Post
            Notched the upper knuckle (shock mount piece) for the brakes yet? even on stock gts calipers with modded knuckles, this is needed. From what I've seen in person anyway.
            What do you mean?

Comment

• Did you modify the knuckles for more angle? Are you doing DMCC or any organized drift stuff next year (just wondering, I'm pretty heavily involved with DMCC and XDC)?

Never realized that the High-Rev VQ had a plastic plenum, the DE is cast aluminum. Anyways its good you went with that motor atleast you get some torque, which us RB guys have almost none of, especially down low. Theres a guy in DMCC that runs a VQ35 with twin GT28's on 12psi he makes 450whp, and at 20psi on e85 was making 690whp (at 12psi it was a stock motor and it lasted a pretty long time).

Comment

• Yea..the HR comes with a dual throttle body and a plastic manifold. The DE and up-rev only have a cast aluminum one. The HR is pretty much a max out NA version of the DE. There are only so much I can do NA to get more power but for now, 300whp is enough. I am planning to run twin turbo as soon as I can get use to the current power on the track.

I did the knuckles for more steering angle. I probably just going to run in the local event. I don't think I can make it to DMCC anyways. hahaha. I would like to join trackdays more than just drift event.

Comment

• TE37s SL for Drift? big baller looks sick though!
                  Check out my RB30 build at
                  http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gt-r-pro...b30-build.html

Comment

• nooo...TE are for Daily and track...the SP1 are drift wheels though.

I am not looking to curbed the TEsss..

Comment

• More update!

Took the car back to the shop!
                      I have the tires mounted
                      245/35R18 18x10+20 plus 20mm spacer
                      265/35R18 18x11 -1 plus 18mm spacer

I also have the rear fenders pulled yesterday.

I am so tired from moving everything to the shop so here are some teaser. I will have full update after halloween!

Comment

• Rear wheel fitment looks oh so perfect.
                        Team Limit - "Wide Fuckin' Open"

Comment

• ok..SUPER DUPER UPDATE!!!

So this is how the car looks the day I pulled my fenders. (well..not me exactly. I paid someone to do it..)

and then I figured I should trim my dash..I started it but it's too hard to get it accurate, so I ended up paying my friend to do it.

I went home and there was a package..
                          What is that??

open it..it's my new clutch!!

Nice and shinny!

So later on the week..I have a guy who is interested at my FD so I took it out to let him check it out. Plus took it for spin.

I hope the sell will go through...

Anyways, back to the shop:
                          moved the engine + 6speed tranny to the shop

Getting ready to drop the engine it and line up for the engine mount.

I've used some 3/8" aluminum plate for the mount. However, no pic as I was in a rush.

More clutch cuz it's so sexy

Very expensive OEM transmission and flywheel bolts. $110 from the dealer..what a rip off!!!

Flywheel is on.
                          Oh wait..I need a pilot bearing!!!! Great..w/e, I will order now since I'll have to pull the engine out later anyways. I'll just focus on making the mounts.

Transmission mounted.

OHHH..ready to go in:

IN..somewhat..

The engine doesn't sit as far as I want it to be because of the following.
                          - A/C pump and alternator are stoping the engine from moving back
                          - crossmember is in the way

I will also need ot figure out how to mount the sway bar.

Then I gave up..
                          Put the brakes back on

I think this look cool

Comment

• Here are pics of the rear fender pull. Done by Gerard@SerialNine, I am sure all the cressida guys know him.
                            For those who is curious here are the size:
                            18x11 -1 +18mm powerbymax spacers
                            265/35R18
                            Just a thought on those spacers, their bolt on nuts are the thin ones and they suck!

So I went home super tired and got something in mail again.
                            Sard Stack ST8130

Sorry for the lack of update..I was organizing a CF parts GB locally + for the skyline guys so I was extremely busy. I pretty much fall asleep when I get home after all the driving around buying parts...

Comment

• holly fuckkkkk. just came...
                              Heart rate 160, I'm goin 260, RB26 run me past you in a jiffy

GT-R

O O SKYLINE O O

Comment

• Are those GT3 calipers?

Comment

Working...
                                X