Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 400hp questions!!

first here is a link to some pics of the ride

ok heres the deal! i want around 380 whp since ive been readying 400hp on stock internals and gear box is the sweet spot!

THE LIST SO FAR
    440CC injectors
    FMIC
    255 feul pump
    AEM WIDEBAND 02
    3.5inch exhaust no cat
    Manual Boost Controller

OK! now the turbo..im looking at this one

And i want a topmount manifold!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so my qustion is can the stock maf handle 300rkwh

and other then that I need a tune but am i missing anything????
    1990 Gts-t type M w/ holset hy35
    2003 police interceptor
    1992 dodge stealth r/t twin turbo
    1994 Mitsubishi expo
    1991 mitsubishi chariot 4g63

"She likes to be Forced"
    "Owning a turbocharged car is a great way to prevent your jackstands from getting stolen"

when your upping the power the stock maf usually craps out...get a z32 one and youll be set for 400 hp plus.

Comment

On dyno 380-400whp should be easy to achieve if everything is in working condition. Adding weight of car or add sticky tyres (semi slicks like from Bridgestone, Dunlop, etc) with hard launches can damage stock drivetrain with that amount of hp. 400hp at engine should be safe for a good condition stock RB20DET gearbox on normal street tyres.

R32 RB20DET, R33 RB25DET stock MAF = 300hp

Z32 MAF = 480hp

Blitz or HKS dual solenoid electronic boost controller. Manual boost controllers create boost spikes.
      RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

i wouldnt trust an ebay turbo unless they gave you a serial number so that you can check it through a manufacturer.

Comment

awsome so far!! whats a good Z32 MAF go for? other then that i should be good? my OEM clutch feels solid but im worried if it will take 400hp. im only planning on spending $2500 from injectors turbo to tune
          1990 Gts-t type M w/ holset hy35
          2003 police interceptor
          1992 dodge stealth r/t twin turbo
          1994 Mitsubishi expo
          1991 mitsubishi chariot 4g63

"She likes to be Forced"
          "Owning a turbocharged car is a great way to prevent your jackstands from getting stolen"

Comment

i deff would get a new clutch....ebay has some good cheap clutchs (clutchmasters,act,etc) i put a clutchmasters stage 2 race clutch in mine and i have no
            problems with it.cost me around 400 cnd,and im running around 19-20psi on it(12 on street)

as for maf u can find one around different tuner sites for about 180 with pigtall or find a q45 maf

Comment

First thing is you'll blow your motor if you have 380whp on a stock internals rb20. Best you can go is about 360 and you'll need a new clutch for sure, good turbo (no ebay ****) gt3071 would be the best. YOull need a electronic boost controller for sure, manual sucks. You'll need a fine tune too and a solid Rb20. Like other says you need a Z32 Maf and if you need to change the clutch, id do a tranny rebuilt or something like this. If you wanna go higher than 350-360whp, you'll need a Headgasket/studs kit first and best thing is to change pistons too cause its the weak spot of the rb20.

BTW, if you planning to put the hp on the ground, get a Diff too, stock vlsd is not ready for that kind of power.

Comment

Why Ebay turbo?

You need:

-ARP head studs
                -Metal headgasket
                -skim head
                -Turbo from a respected company please...
                -tunable ECU (standalone, Nistune, etc)

Comment

he can get kickass EBay 2NR stickers with the turbine.
                  Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
                  Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
                  Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
                  Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
                  Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
                  White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
                  lol

Comment

From what I understand, cast pistons have a hp limit of 100hp per piston. With a RB20DET being a 6 cylinder engine, that's 100hp x 6 = 600hp total for engine. 4 cylinder would be 4 x 100hp = 400hp.

Stock bearings (melting of surface on bearing with continuous hard use, like racetrack use), conrod bolts, stock oil pump drive would be the weak area's with stock RB20DET bottomend. Stock RB20DET conrod's are similar in size, shape to RB26 conrods, but with slightly less meat and smaller bigend -

RB20DET conrod on right, RB26 conrod on left.

RB26 conrod on left, RB20DET conrod on right.

RB20DET conrod on left, RB26 conrod on right.

Both conrods are cylinder 1.

But in RB20DET, stock conrods are connected to smaller diameter pistons (78mm) vs RB26 (86mm). So 78mm pistons should be lighter. RB26 stock conrods can handle around 700hp on dyno with upgraded conrod bolts, forged pistons and using 6 good conrods (X rayed to check for flaws), shotpenned, etc.

Around 500whp (roughly around 564hp at engine) with stock conrods, stock pistons (engine has been refreshed with ACL bearings, etc) -

What the 564hp RB20DET engine looks like -

Also knocking from bad ECU tune can affect longevity of engine, destroy piston rings, etc.
                    RESPONSE MONSTER

Comment

440's? I'd be using 550's to give some nice operational headroom.

440's will be delivering fuel on a knife edge tune

Comment

440cc GTR injectors should stretch to 400hp easily. But might be close to their limits. Some on GTR's push to 100% duty cycle.

Deatschwerks 550cc injectors, drop in for RB20DET and don't need a ballast resistor pack -

RESPONSE MONSTER

Comment

Working...
                        X