GTT Car Battery (Where to get one?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GTT Car Battery (Where to get one?)

I think my cars battery is on the fritz. It is a Skyline GTT. The battery is tiny. Wont hold a charge. Anyone know where I can find one for a suitable replacement? I understand the terminals are swapped on Japanese batteries from what i have read.

Also, if the issue is not the battery and it is in fact the alternator, does anyone know where i can find a replacement alternator?

Thanks.

May I suggest a yellow top or Exide AGM? Never have to worry about the battery with those. The jap batteries terminals are smaller then ours so I'm not sure what you mean by swapped??? You might have to spread the clamps on the cables to fit them on our batteries. I left the positive alone and cut the negative half way and sawtered an extension with a proper size clamp. A jobber can rebuild your alternator for around $100. I would start with a professional diag by a licensed technician to load test te battery and alternator output. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by 99_SI; 04-11-2015, 12:22 AM.

Comment

Honda civic battery fits pretty good! In fact 99_SI fitted mine lol. If it still has the jap batt would be a good idea to replace for good measure

Come on lotto!!! Daddy needs a whole lotta stuff!

Comment

Nice one Terry ! Is the season open up there already ? I've Been driving mine for about a month on and off....finally washed it yesterday.

Last edited by 99_SI; 04-12-2015, 08:58 PM.

Comment

Still in the garage..... Still snow around, plus I have a bunch of stuff to do first.

Come on lotto!!! Daddy needs a whole lotta stuff!

Comment

Nice one Terry !

galaxy s6 edge handytasche
            Last edited by Bobena; 08-30-2015, 11:45 PM.
            Es ist besser, ein kleines Licht zu entzünden, als über große Dunkelheit zu klagen.

Comment

Working...
            X