My First Skyline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My First Skyline

So I'm sitting here bored at work and decided to do a build thread on my R32 since it's all underway.

PICS TO COME!!

So it's a kinda funny story about how I came to buying a Skyline. I crashed my Lancer in the beginning of February and had auto loss of use for a month for work. After that month ran up, Boyd Autobody was really neglegent about having a vehicle for me to use while my car was being repaired so I figured I might as well buy a car to make sure I have a vehicle for work (security patrols lol). I started looking at cars and since I have an 09 Lancer I figured I might as well get a summer car. I started looking for a R32, FD, Supra MkIV, or MR2 and came across mine for the best price for one locally. The car was in good shape inside and out and engine was mint. It just needs a couple small trim pieces and stuff to make it perfect again and I haven't been able to find them yet.
    So I got this 91 HCR32, safetied it, and plated it. When I got it, it had a couple mods like lowered springs, an ARC intake, new stage 2 clutch, and catback exhaust. I figured this was a good thing to build on. I picked up an HDi boost controller off ebay after hearing a lot of good reviews about them and a small, cheap boost guage. I installed the controlled and mounted it under the dash and moved the turbo timer to the pocket under the stereo and mounted the guage in the circle vent by the driver. Put in new NGK iridium sparkplugs of proper heatrange and gapping and set the boost to 12psi low and 14psi high. Car was working great for weeks then the steering went heavy and found out I need a new rack and valve body on it, etc. While saving money for that, my turbo blew and decided that fixing that and getting back on the road before winter strikes.
    I started looking for a good priced turbo that will make more power and came across tons of poo products such as ssautochrome and people like them. Then I found these direct bolton turbos by a company called ws racing. I thought the same about them but after digging I couldn't find any bad reviews. So I asked some ppl who bought the turbo (people off of ebay and off of skyline-owners-club as there is a dealer on there who sells these) and it was unanimous good reviews and recommendations. So I grabbed it.
    I have it sitting at home and its a very nice looking product and looks like good quality. So since my stocker blew, I got a decat to get rid of my car which probably has fragments in it right now. Also picked up an ebay fmic kit with piping. All here but the fmic. Right now my car is apart waiting to have the fmic installed and decat too. Once I do that, I'll be getting a tow to western turbo to get my turbo installed cuz I don't feel confident in that.
    Since this turbo is rated at 440+hp, I decided over winter to save up and do a big build in the spring. A bunch new parts and 375-400whp is my goal.
    •750cc D-werks injectors
    •300+lph D-werks fuel pump
    •n1 oil and water pumps
    •16 row universal oil cooler
    •divorced dump pipe
    •3" down pipe
    •front facing plenum
    •haltech platinum pro
    •conceptua tuning bycas kit
    •yellow jacket coil packs
    That's my list so far for my spring goals. I know I don't have an fpr in there but I don't know what to go with yet. And I'll run the clutch til it gives too. I'll probably throw on some small stuff on too like lightweight pulleys, short shifter, etc.
    Sorry about the no pics, can't figure out how to do it from my cell
    But yea that's the project plans so far, lemme know your thoughts
Working...
X