Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello to All GTR Canada members

Hello,

I'll do a little introduction of myself before I get into any other postings on my forum space.

My name is Clent and I'm formerly of New Westminster, B.C. I got bitten by the JDM bug about 3 years ago when a friend in Japan asked me if I had ever thought of importing a 1989 Nissan Skyline. After doing some research, I found that there were some Skylines already in town but not to the extend there is today. I imported one by myself and from there created a business out of it. I called myself JDM IMPORTS and imported a variety of JDM cars and vans.

Like most I had my quality issues at times and was always looking for the best exporter out of Japan.

In 2007 I made a decision to move my family and business to Japan by the end of March 2008. I made it. My wife is Japanese born and raised in the Osaka area. I'm half Japanese but raised in Burnaby. I have 3 kids, so I'm not just here on a whim.

My goal in coming to Japan is to become one of the best JDM used car exporters. I have high standards that will only allow me to export a vehicle outside of Japan that meets these standards. I want to make the importing process for my customers a positive experience and I want them to get the vehicle that they want that will exceed their expectations.

To achieve my goal I have teamed with TAKEDA KOSHO CO. LTD. Takeda has over 25 years in the JDM used car industry. With that comes a whole network of contacts in the used car industry. His work ethic is old school Japanese and it means doing right the first time and making sure that the price a customer pays is equal to the value that they are getting.

As they say in Japanese:

YOROSHIKU ONEGAISHIMASU
    Clent Gates

welcome!

Comment

Welccome! BTW; we were once called JDM IMPORTS too... www.jdm-imports.com and jdm-imports.ca so I hope there's no confusion... All the best!

- Toronto, Canada
      Parts. Cars. Service.
      GTR
      MKIV

Comment

Welcome to the site.
        Hopefully we can do some business in the near future.
        90 GT-R / 95 Delica

Comment

Hey Clent, welcome.
          Fraser Valley Imports
          Cars:
          1992 GTS-t with a TD06 top mount (for sale!)
          1992 Toyota Corolla Levin GT Apex (for sale!)
          2007 Yamaha FZ6 Custom

Comment

Working...
          X