Burnt fusable link
Good day everyone
I I have been hunting down a problems on a friends 90GTR. The charging system was no t working so we pulled the Alt and had it tested and then rebuilt. THat was only $140 much better than a new one. But anyways we took it for a test drive every thing was charging and working fine. Then the HICAS light came on and the there was a little shutter and then everything went back to normal. Soon the lights stared going dim and the car quit. I did some testing on the road and found the fusable link that comes of the top of the red conector on the battery was burnt.
My questions are. What happens to HICAS normally when it malfunctions and people disable it? Plus what amperage is that fusable link need to be replaces with?