+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't open my trunk...

Can't open my trunk...

Hey guys.

So to make a story short I was looking at the trunk latch for a future project so I did my thing and closed the trunk, nothing to report. Next time I went to pull the lever next to the driver's seat, nothing happens. I mean you can the wire moving near the trunk but it does not open. My key doesn't open my trunk either (i guess it was a double from a valet key maybe...)

Anyway, what's my easiest solution you think ? Removing the rear seat and use the emergency release of the latch ?

This sucks.

Thanks !

Etienne

I think all you can do is try and remove the seat and go through. You may be able to release the valet switch once your in.
    90 GTi-R , Full Restoration Project
    91 GTi-R , Full Race Project
    http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n...phic2short.jpg

Banned
    open the trunk with your key, if you don't have a key you have to go in through the back seat.

On the trunk latch mechanism there is a slider piece that valet locks the trunk so the lever beside the seat does not work and only the key does. When you slam the trunk shut it sometimes pushes the slider down with the latch.

edit: i got beat

Quote Originally Posted by mcfly View Post
    On the trunk latch mechanism there is a slider piece that valet locks the trunk so the lever beside the seat does not work and only the key does.
    My car came from Japan with the valet-lock on and for the longest time I thought that the lever beside the driver seat was just broken.

I locked my keys in the trunk once (while I still had the valet lock on) and I went through the back seat to get them out. Definitely a hassle when theres lots of stuff in the trunk.

right on, learn something new everyday
    Tџяϊsмø

I locked my keys in the trunk the first day and didn't know about the level to pull back up everytime. 10 mins later I was in the trunk through the back seat access hatch. Have fun.
    No build thread.
    1991 nissan
    El terror

"Built not bought" sooner or later = "broken not running"

GTRCer
    mine is a 2 person operation, for some reason just pulling the lever doesnt work. have somebody lift up on the trunk as your pulling the lever up and down a few times...

I havent had the chance to look at it yet, but mine probably needs a little adjustment or something.... hope that helps

Quote Originally Posted by skyline_addict View Post
    mine is a 2 person operation, for some reason just pulling the lever doesnt work. have somebody lift up on the trunk as your pulling the lever up and down a few times...

I havent had the chance to look at it yet, but mine probably needs a little adjustment or something.... hope that helps
    You probably have a skyline that came with no wing then had one installed later ( so your springs are too weak)
    The Evil 4 Door

Nissan Skyline GTS-4 Sedan

RB-Technology™: .god сяэaтєd тнє dєvil тнєп gavє нім aп яв.

Can someone post a picture of the latch that you need to switch? My trunk lever from my cabin/cockpit won't open my trunk and I assume this valet switch is on/off which won't allow it to work. I can open my trunk with my key though...

I had a look at the mechanism yesterday and couldn't figure out what I need to switch.

On a side note, I do have an AM alarm though, and I'm not entirely sure if it's wired in to pop the trunk (the button doesn't work anyway). I'll post a picture asap to show you what mine looks like...

Thanks!
    D
    Dimitri Marshall
    :drive:
    -----------------
    PARTS FOR SALE. RB26DETT: INJECTORS, COIL PACKS, IGNITOR, GENUINE NISSAN GASKET/REBUILD KIT. TAKING ALL REASONABLE OFFERS.

Banned

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast