Hey all, Sorry there have been a lack of updates but not much has happened with the car being 300km away from me
I have started getting parts in slowly and have been stacking cash for whatever build route i end out going.
1. My TommyKaira Aero is just clearing customs in Vancouver
2. I bought Trickey's 4pt cage which with some love from good welding buddy will be receiving a diagonal cross bar connect the 2 rear bars (its my inner ricer i cant help it)
3. Currently on the casual look out for some confetti recaros.
4. Ordered a shipping container last week to store the car in so i can get it off my buddys property.
5. Picking up a 32 half cut in the upcoming weeks so i can properly rebuild the car. The rad support was bent so the clip means i can bring the car back to its former glory.
So This past weekend I made it back to Shannonville for some rainy drift action.
Went back to brockville for the night for a home cooked meal.
I had picked up a GTR bumper for the Skyline as well as a replica JUN lip to flow better the TommyKaira Aero.
The shitty weather and lack of a proper garage led to me working in the living room. The bumper was pretty scuffed as i imagine it was thrown in a container with a bunch of random crap. I was skeptical on how it would turn out.
I took the GTR Lip off and scrubbed the whole thing with a scotchbight pad. Most of the scuffs came out. I will need to properly sand and finish the bumper before painting obviously. but it looks 20x better.
I also mocked up the JUN lip and it looks pretty cool.
I will need to trim and modify the lip to fit the bumper properly. I would also like to reinforce the mounting tabs to make it more durable.
Work in progress but. im stoked on how it will look.
New HKS water temp gauge is on its way matches my boost gauge. Found it Brand New in Box on Ebay which is pretty sweet because they are discontinued and extremely hard to find in good condition with the harness and sensors.
I had started making a enclosure in my interior panel for my turbo timer. I started with a s13 map light piece and grafted it to the panel. It was hard to make the turbo timer fit in and was too much effort.
So at work we recently got a 3D printer so i am going to make a model of the enclosure and the turbo timer and print it. The printer prints to within .010" so everything will fit nicely. I am going to CAD this up on lunch this week so expect updates on that.
OH and finally . I NEED someone to find me these seats.
There was probably only 5 sets or so made so i bet im SOL
And My car has a Twin in Japan.
Things are slowly starting to come back together. updates should be coming more frequently.