+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Got rear ended with a learners licence... Advice??

Got rear ended with a learners licence... Advice??

Ok boys and girls here my problem... I only have a learners licence. I was rear ended by some old lady who was swerving in and out of traffic for quite a few KM's on the highway. There are 3 witnesses who seen the accident and filed staments saying it was her fault. But the problem is i have a learners licence and i was driving illeagly by myself when im supposed to have somone in the vechicle with a valid licence. I havent spoke with the insurance agency yet being its a weekend. But i have a feeling they might try and say that i shouldnt be driving. But the accident was still her fault so I'm woundering if they say that they wont fix my car if i can do anything???? If anyone has some advice please help me out! And in all honesty i am feeling quite sore in my neck and shoulders so im going to go get it checked out that the hospital. but anyways any help would be great. Thanks

GTRCer
    your best course of action here is to see if she'll settle without using the insurance, see if she'll just pay you some money or something, even less money, it'll be less headaches in the end.

I'm not sure how where you live works but here, HER insurance should cover YOUR car since it was her fault.

Did the police get involved? If so, who was fined?
    1992 GTR - 2.7L, GT2871R's, forged bottom end, big valves, 270* cams, R34 getrag
    2000 Honda Insight - 70+mpg daily driver
    2003 Sierra 2500HD Diesel - Tow vehicle

GTRCer
    I think the chances of you losing your license are pretty good here... driving solo on a learners.. and driving on a highway with a learners.

I'm assuming the police never got involved or you would be asking a whole other series of questions. If the damage is manageable "cost wise" I would see if grandma will pay up... however I doubt she will, getting the insurance company involved would mean its above a certain price which would require a police report.. see first comment.

The Police WERE involved both vehicles were not drivable my rear signal light bracket was wedged into the wheel well. her front end was f*cked. But I was fined for driving without proper supervision. But The Cop told me that It was her fault and so did the 3 witnesses. So I'm hoping that that works for me. But seeing how it was a rear end collision and her fault should i get a lawyer? and i imagine ill need some reccomendations for an adjuster??? Im going to goto the hospital today and get a paper trail going regarding my neck and back. ALL I WANT IS MY BABY FIXED!!!! :'(

sounds like whiplash to me, i dont know if thats even covered anymore under insurance...

you may luck out with the cop being there, saying that it wasnt your fault, while you shouldnt have been out driving with out supervision, even if someone was with you this could have happened and the end result would be the same
    How many kids with A.D.D. does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Wanna go ride bikes...

R.I.P \'87 4cyl Rustang
    \'03 Dodge SX2.0
    \'90 GTR32

Well the cop didnt see the accident but by the witnesses statements he agreed. But im thinking getting a lawyer asap would be the best chance.

If the lady has any mind what-so-ever, she'll say you were driving illegally. I doubt you will get a penny from your insurance agency, since they will find any reason not to cover you and you were clearly in the wrong. I know in BC, if you don't have your N displayed on your vehicle, you are not covered for any accidents that occur, while driving with it not on. (straight from the polices mouth). I advise you settle outside of insurance, get some rest, and rethink the lack of judgement you used when getting into the vehicle yourself.
    Hey, come on, its a car right? No. Its a symbol of your history, its a thread of continuity from which you came to where you are. Its important that you dont want to forget who you are. -Dr.Phil in "Love the Beast"

Ouch man totally not what i wanted to hear. But I have to agree with you do you think i should wait and see what insurance has to say about the situation first?. or try and get a hold of her and negotiate something first.

this all happened in a skyline? And i am pretty sure that you are on the bad end of this situation. all the old lady has to do is say that you were driving without a license and your done for. If you can, deal with it without the insurance, once the insurance gets involved it will probably get worse. I am not a pro with this but i think that you will lose your license for at least a year
    http://www.ukdrifting.co.uk/linkpages/nissan/skyline_drifting.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by m_melen View Post
    ...it woulda been safer if his harness were made of jello

Insurance companies can't suspend your license, the police have dealt with you, fined for driving without supervision. I would contact a lawyer, maybe they have seen this happen before. I'm not sure how the insurance works in Alberta, is it all private? If she has her company and you have yours. Then i don't see why your car shouldn't be fixed, it doesn't change the fact that she hit you. Lawyer up and take it from there, try to get them to tell you if you have any change at all though before you sign any papers meaning you'll have to pay them.
    Tџяϊsм

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast