Electrical Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical Issues

Ok I have been trying to solve a bunch of electrical issues on my RB25 GTS-T and maybe somebody can help with this one. The white wire w/ blue stripe in the pic below is getting so hot that it's smoking and melting the insulation. Anybody know what this wire(s) is for? Looking at the harness there should be 2 wires there, which could explain why this one is getting way too hot. I suspect the poor battery relocation could have something to do with it.

in the pic below from my GTR you can see the same harness has 2 wires.

something has **** on you, but for one....the fuse should be taking care of this issue? so why is the fuse not popping before this? make sure the fuse rating is correct. Next, i think....thats the wire that goes to the Altenator??
    .......GTRCANADA.COM
    Canada's premier Skyline enthusiast club

Comment

could also explain why the car is charging at 12.4V instead of 14.7v, and the battery is draining. I will go check if the fuses are correct amperage.

Comment

whatever the case something is either grounded out (or) your ground somewhere is taking a mass hit of resistance.ive seen it where this happened all becuase someone prior to the new owner of a Sklyine taped up some make-shift (butt-connector) from the NEG- battery Terminal and that was the issue.
        .......GTRCANADA.COM

Comment

fuses were all ok. Yea I wouldnt be surprised with this car. Battery is in the trunk but the idiots installed the fuse for it in the engine bay. WTF is the point of that?!?! If it shorts out before the fuse shes gonna burn to the ground. :hit newb:

Comment

yea, there should be a fuse near the battery but you could also have one put there before anything happend? If i were you, id be tearing my interior apart and following the route of the battery cable and see what he/she has done. If its a solid cable right up to the front of the car then its cool. IF you find any odd connectors or bodge-jobs, Redo the cable from the Battery POS+ to the starter with a fuse near the battery. Also, if i were right about that altenator wire id be looking to see if the Altenator is in good working order. But you did mention its running at approx 12+VDC, so that there says something as its supposed to be at 14.4VDC i believe while the car is at idle.
            Im not sure if these cars have a regulator internal or external as i havent personally had the chance to work on the charging system yet but id also look at it while your into it.

good luck & let us know what transpires
            .......GTRCANADA.COM

Comment

Working...
            X