Hicas Steering sensor question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hicas Steering sensor question

I know this has been covered but as to answering this exact question, there is some vagueness. My hicas is somewhat pooched, I've run through everything to check its operation and the light still comes on.
    Anyways, my girlfriend bought me a Momo wheel and a NON-hicas boss/hub kit. Of course the two prongs for the sensor are blocking the hub from sitting right. I'm wondering if it is OK if I just remove the steering sensor? Will there be ANY problems that will occur from doing this? (other than disabling the Hicas)

I'm not very attached to keeping my Hicas, but if it will be detrimental to my cars health, I will return the hub. Thanks!
    “Hey, come on, its a car right? No. It’s a symbol of your history, its a thread of continuity from which you came to where you are. It’s important that you don’t want to forget who you are.” -Dr.Phil in "Love the Beast"

I know this doesn't help much but maybe it'll point you in the right direction. I'm not sure why but you'll need a HICAS lock bar. I believe you need this in order to prevent the rear wheels from flopping around. You can't just disable hicas by disconnecting a fuse or sensor.
    Legend of the red R

Comment

I was afraid of that. I think its probably better just to take the boss kit back and exchange it for the Hicas version. The lock bar is on the horizon for my build, but at the moment i'm more focused on my engine upgrades. Thank you for your help.
      “Hey, come on, its a car right? No. It’s a symbol of your history, its a thread of continuity from which you came to where you are. It’s important that you don’t want to forget who you are.” -Dr.Phil in "Love the Beast"

Comment

I ran my gts-t with that part removed to fit a non-hicas adapter for a year. I didn't notice anything.

I would say just get a lockout bar and just remove it. You plan to track your car right?, then it should go.

TROL

Comment

Working...
        X