Does this sound right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does this sound right?

Here's a vid of my car idling it doesnt sound right to me, notice the ratcheting noise?

Proud owner of the 2nd Skyline and the only GTR on the island!

Boost@14PSI, YellowJacket Coils, Extreme TSC, Full Nismo N1 Bodykit, Greddy Speed Cut Controller, HKS Turbo Timer, 280LPH Denso Fuel Pump, Nismo Slave Cylinder, AMS BOVs, Nismo Clutch Pivot, ACT Xtreme 6 Puck and HDPP, Greddy Panel Filter

Sounds about right, injectors ticking away, valve train noise. If you want to quiet down the valves a little try runnig a little heavier oil and use a 500ml bottle of GM EOS (that you can do right now).

Jon.
    Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

Sounds normal for RB26.
      RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Awesome i thought the ticking was either something ****** or the injectors.
        Proud owner of the 2nd Skyline and the only GTR on the island!

Boost@14PSI, YellowJacket Coils, Extreme TSC, Full Nismo N1 Bodykit, Greddy Speed Cut Controller, HKS Turbo Timer, 280LPH Denso Fuel Pump, Nismo Slave Cylinder, AMS BOVs, Nismo Clutch Pivot, ACT Xtreme 6 Puck and HDPP, Greddy Panel Filter

Comment

glad i saw this i was worried about the sound of my car thought i heard an abnormal sound but guess it seems normal.
          1994 GTR - 6 Years with this car... damn time flies.
          1998 Subaru V4 STI - Daily/winter beast

Comment

Working...
          X