No announcement yet.

R32 GTR engine bay fittment question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R32 GTR engine bay fittment question...

I was wondering if the HKS Racing Chamber Kit will fit in an R32 GTR and if it does how tight of a fit it will be. Heres what it looks like
    The HKS racing chamber kit removes air resistance with smooth aluminium intake piping whilst also providing the high performance image.

just an FYI, the racing chamber is just the one pipe that replaces the oem twin turbo pipe, the aluminum intake pipes do not come with it.

the racing chamber is only listed for R33/R34 so you'll most likely have to modify it to fit an R32.

however, if you're just looking for the intake pipes, those do come in R32 fitment, i believe its call the HKS racing suction kit or something. i forgot, but ive got a set coming for my car.

looks like this in an R32

Comment

Originally posted by derk View Post
      just an FYI, the racing chamber is just the one pipe that replaces the oem twin turbo pipe, the aluminum intake pipes do not come with it.

the racing chamber is only listed for R33/R34 so you'll most likely have to modify it to fit an R32.

however, if you're just looking for the intake pipes, those do come in R32 fitment, i believe its call the HKS racing suction kit or something. i forgot, but ive got a set coming for my car.

looks like this in an R32

Thanks i wouldn't mind just the intake pipes as i starting to like the stock twin turbo pipe and the way it sits right next to the engine.

Comment

The 33/34 kit should fit, but i believe you have to relocate your power steering reservoir.
        Originally posted by Z-Tuned
        Next question is: should I stroke it??
        Originally posted by Wingnut
        Yes, but leave the engine alone.

Comment

Can you use Apexi filters on those HKS pipes? I wouldn't EVER run an foam filter. Ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Velders View Post
            The 33/34 kit should fit, but i believe you have to relocate your power steering reservoir.
            why would you run an R33/34 kit if they make one for the R32...

unless you're talking about the pipe that replaces the stock y pipe, in which case, that isnt going to interfere with the p/s reservoir.

Comment

I thought I heard somewhere that the R32 kit was discontinued, so if you wanted to buy new you had to get the 33/34 kit. Could be wrong though, it was a friend who looked into buying it not me, would be nice to know for sure though.

Comment

to give you an example what i have from hks, which i think now is discontinued.

HKS Mushroom Filters
                HKS Turbo Piping
                HKS Hardpipe kit
                HKS Intercooler

R33 Skyline GTR VSPEC (White)
                R32 Skyline GTS-T (Ztune Silver) - Sold

Comment

HKS Mushroom Filters
                  HKS Turbo Piping
                  HKS Hardpipe kit
                  HKS Intercooler
                  $$$$$$ lol

Comment

not really.. that stuff is pretty out dated, you can usually find them on yahoo for pretty cheap.

the racing chamber pipe that OP was talking about however... is about $700, and the racing suction kit is about $800.. lol

Comment

I sold one of these kits to NismoS-Tuned, they only make the R33/34 kit now... R32 is discontinued.

HKS Racing Chamber Kit
                      P/N: 70008-AN012
                      MSRP: $775.00 USD

$658.00
                      + GST & Shipping

GReddy also has their kit which I tend to like more. The piping design looks cleaner however it is about $200 more.

Braden
                      2009 Mercedes C63 AMG. Daily
                      1969 Cooper S. Restored
                      1994 Rover Mini 1460cc, 134whp, 7 port fuel injected w/ITB's, & straight cuts w/ 4.67 gearing

Comment

Oh he did end up buying it ok, whens all that stuff coming in? Getting anxious to check it all out.

Comment

Yep its on its way to him now.
                          2009 Mercedes C63 AMG. Daily
                          1969 Cooper S. Restored
                          1994 Rover Mini 1460cc, 134whp, 7 port fuel injected w/ITB's, & straight cuts w/ 4.67 gearing

Comment

Comment

When I bought the kit, I didn't know it wasn't R32 as I was told it would fit IF I relocated my power steering reservoir. Hopefully that's the case. As for parts coming... I hope I can get the car on the road this summer...

I'm gonna be one PISSED OFF mofo if this kit doesn't have all the upper pipes (turbos) and filters... I've got the intercooler pipes.... wow. I'm starting to get agitated now.

Originally posted by Braden @ JNS Imports View Post
                              I sold one of these kits to NismoS-Tuned, they only make the R33/34 kit now... R32 is discontinued.

HKS Racing Chamber Kit
                              P/N: 70008-AN012
                              MSRP: $775.00 USD

$658.00
                              + GST & Shipping

GReddy also has their kit which I tend to like more. The piping design looks cleaner however it is about $200 more.

Braden
                              According to what I found, the racing chamber kit was all the pipes... hope you're wrong otherwise it would be way cheaper to go with the greddy stuff. shiet... another 4 month wait on the suction kit?

Originally posted by derk View Post

Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
                              Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
                              Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
                              Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
                              Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
                              White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
                              lol

Comment

Working...
                              X