Hey guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey guys

Hoping some of you can provide some assistance here, my g/f's car was stolen and she's in the market for a skyline. she's leaning toward the r33 gtr and hoping for a white one.

My first question is can anyone recommend a good importer for this car?(preferably in the toronto area if possible since local dealing is preferred)

Next this is she is going to be daily driving this year round so how is the awd system in the snow? how are part costs, part obtainability and repair/maintenance costs?

Finally is there anyone around the gta with a white r33 gtr we could come have a look at? She's only seen pictures

Thanks!

RightDrive.ca is in the GTA area, mississauga if im not mistaken, theyll shop for your car for a 1000$ deposit. They goto all the auctions in japan and send you pictures until they find you one that you want to buy, they handle all import and registration so you dont need to worry about it. Last time i seen they had an r33 gtr it sold for $21,000.00 ready togo off the lot.
    '12 Kia Forte - Winter/Summer car
    '91 Skyline GTR - Weekend Fun/Project car

Comment

First whats your budget....

And if you have $18k to spend (average of r33 gtr) and need a winter vehicle I suggest a subaru wrx/evo 3 for winter and a r32 gtr or r32 gts-t or something for summer because of what I hear its not to great in the snow (the gtr/gts-4 awd).
      BNR32- Sold
      1998 Evolution V

Comment

I'll check out right drive.. thanks!

budget wise I'm not sure what she's looking to spend...

I've seen some r33 gtrs online for around 13 500-14 000...

are they normally much higher?

Comment

13,000-14,000 is the price of the R33 at rightdrive before import, the import process adds quite a bit + there fee.

If you can find an R33 gtr in canada for 13-14k, check it top to bottom with a fine tooth comb
          '12 Kia Forte - Winter/Summer car
          '91 Skyline GTR - Weekend Fun/Project car

Comment

I think the most important question is why exactly does she want a GTR? Maybe she can find similar qualities in another car that would be better in the snow. Many people who buy Skylines is because they have loved them for years, and simply nothing else will do. If she just wants something with plenty of oomph and AWD there are a few cars that come to mind she should be looking at instead. Same price range, 6-7 years newer, with NA support. And we're talking heated leather seats and all the luxuries.
            DISCLAIMER: If any of the above comments in this post hurt your feelings you are likely taking me too seriously; I'm probably just busting your balls. If you're unsure, feel free to PM me and we can discuss the matter privately, as to not pull the thread OT.

Comment

she wants something unique.. likes the r33 and wants a fun car to boot around in during the warmer months..
              I drive a evo and we dont want/need another...

most of the other cars on her "maybe" list are all rwd which we want to probably stay away from as the handling would just suck in the winter.

but your saying the gtr's awd system isn't winter friendly?

Comment

I'm sure the GTR can handle Vancouver winters (or lack thereof). I'm sure you'd be capable of driving in a decent amount of snow with some good winters on there, but I wouldn't take the thing 4x4ing in anything over a few inches of snow. It will be worse than your Evo.

Put it this way (IMO) the GTR would be perfect when you're sitting at work, there's a couple hours left, and its started to snow. No big, there'll only be a few inches on the ground by the time you leave. Not a wake up in the morning to over a foot of snow and "which car shall I take today?" if you catch my drift.

Also the cars are prone to rust (particularly in the rear quarters) and I would be weary of driving it in the ice/snow for that reason.
                DISCLAIMER: If any of the above comments in this post hurt your feelings you are likely taking me too seriously; I'm probably just busting your balls. If you're unsure, feel free to PM me and we can discuss the matter privately, as to not pull the thread OT.

Comment

Check with Right Drive in Vaughan, they are a good local importer.
                  RightDrive Inc. Parts Manager
                  http://www.rightdrive.ca :: http://www.rightdriveparts.com :: http://www.rightdriveusa.com
                  1970 Highway 7 West, Vaughan, ON :: 1-877-398-8220

Comment

Get a silver one

Comment

Ditto the above comments. I bought my car through RightDrive and they were amazing. You won't be sorry going there.
                      1995 R33 GTR Vspec - Sold
                      2004 Dodge SRT-4 Stage 3R - Sold
                      2013 Subaru WRX STI - Where is the power? - Daily

Comment

find one locally...if youre planning to go out of town and buy it come over to calgary..3 r33 gtr for sale one is 22,000 asking, other one is 15,000 asking, other one mine r33 gts with gtr conversion, 12,000 firm..lol

Comment

Working...
                        X