No announcement yet.

Jordies '93 GTST Type M... Progress Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I didn't know you were in ontario. You may have to hook me up with your sources

Comment

• Dafuq you get those cup holders!? Those are sick!
      I go hard on the rice. 🍚

Comment

• Originally posted by pshhhh View Post
        Dafuq you get those cup holders!? Those are sick!
        They are from a pathfinder. you can get em on ebay
        Jordie Lewis
        1993 Skyline Type M

Comment

• I drove my car for the first time in 4 years. :hsdance: It was only to the end of the street and back but it felt awesome.

It was also nice to get a picture of the car out of the driveway haha.

The drive short drive wasnt perfect. I had a good friend Martino come by and help diagnose the issues with the car. We ruled out the possibility of both the tomei FPR and O ring seals causing the fuel pressure to drop.

Then the car is idling, we heard what sounded like a huge vacuum leak. which was then traced back to the intake manifold. The manifold is full of tiny pin holes. When you place your hand on the top surface of the manifold you can feel suction.

I believe that when the manifold is cast there are pinholes in the casting. They then get coated to seal it all up. It is when that coating wears off that all these issues become apparent.

So off to the coaters it goes.

Got my aero all painted (minus the wing). I sold the GTR bumper and am getting a GTS one shortly with the hope to come across a Tommykaira front lip at some point.

I realize I still need to paint the mirrors but I am waiting on my audio stuff to come in so I can do the speakers at the same time.

As you may have noticed, between the gauges, HVAC and my Cupholders (most important) I have no room for headunit. This is ok because every headunit looks like it came from a spacecraft which is not the look I am going for. I dont have the option to hide one in the glove box either.

So i've found this install http://imgur.com/a/BTNFd

am going to give it a go. All my music is on my old Iphone which would just sync to the car. Seems simple enough. Ill report back with my findings.

Thanks for reading.
          Jordie Lewis
          1993 Skyline Type M

Comment

• I picked up my intake manifold from the powdercoaters on friday and does it ever look good in black. Got around to installing it saturday.

Still no garage at my place, so driveway tuning it is!

Got it all buttoned up. it holds fuel pressure now which is a huge relief. The casting was so bad that the pressure would drop to zero as soon as the fuel pump would stop priming. I need to re-tap the coolant temp sensor as some of the powdercoating worked its way into the threads.

The next task was to trim the bumper to fit around the intercooler. The GTR bumper i had was already trimmed and fit right over the couplers and FMIC. This GTS bumper required a lot more massaging. Admittedly not my best job but im sure I'll be able to clean it up.

Unfortunately I could not keep the vents in the side as they interfered with my piping so I am going to have to make some ducting so it looks less empty.

I picked up a new hood so now my car is the same colour black. I just have to do an alignment and I can get temp permits and take it for a shake down run. I just hope I can make the lip last :2f2f:

Jordie Lewis
            1993 Skyline Type M

Comment

• Incredible build Jordie, I love what you did with the catch-can and coilpack covers, I am blown away. Also with the gauge pods, I am jelling so hard.

A little off topic; I am a McMaster Mechanical Engineering Design student currently at Georgian College for their co-op program.

What software do you use for rendering besides Solidworks and Luxion Keyshot?

The design to production stages of your work is amazing.

How did you print the HKS banner onto your valvecover? Was it a vinyl wrap?

Any tips for an aspiring design student?

- Douglas.

Comment

• The two week build bender has come to a close and unfortunately so has the season.

drove the car a whole 3km yesterday.

I didnt get any real pictures of the progress over the past two weeks. But the work consisted of tracing down many vacuum leaks, running lines to the heatercore (Motor came with looped lines) and routing vacuum / wiring neatly along the frame rails.

The car is mostly complete now minus the interior. Over the winter I plan on addressing the rotors and pads as well as picking up a greddy sandwich plate that can accommodate an oil cooler.

Just happy all the leaks are gone and its mostly back together.
                Jordie Lewis
                1993 Skyline Type M

Comment

• Originally posted by Kneesan View Post
                  Incredible build Jordie, I love what you did with the catch-can and coilpack covers, I am blown away. Also with the gauge pods, I am jelling so hard.

A little off topic; I am a McMaster Mechanical Engineering Design student currently at Georgian College for their co-op program.

What software do you use for rendering besides Solidworks and Luxion Keyshot?

The design to production stages of your work is amazing.

How did you print the HKS banner onto your valvecover? Was it a vinyl wrap?

Any tips for an aspiring design student?

- Douglas.
                  Hey Douglas,

Thanks for reading, I've used photoworks as well as keyshot for my rederings. The valvecovers were just stenciled on with vinyl and spraypainted. I still need to finish up the glove box and the rear seat deletes soon, but the car is away for the winter anyways so theres no rush.

As an aspiring design student, just make sure youre always working on something you enjoy. Its easy to get burnt out desiging or working on multiple projects youre not interested in.

thanks again for the kind words.
                  Jordie Lewis
                  1993 Skyline Type M

Comment

• Winter is here and I am really missing working on this thing. Ive ordered a few little things to install when the time comes. nothing big, just a Hicas steering wheel hub so my horn can work as well as some misc. gaskets and such.

finally had my decals cut for the car. now we just have to wait until spring to put the final touches on everything

Heres a shot from the last quick drive around the block before winter hibernation

Happy New Year Everyone
                    Jordie Lewis
                    1993 Skyline Type M

Comment

Working...
                    X