No announcement yet.

First R32 Gtr build up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next i relocated the power steering reservior to beside the radiator just extended the lines and going to extend the wires to the cap this week at some point when i extend the maf wires.
    1994 R32 Gtr - Exhaust, intake, and tune = 1/4 mile 12.74 (Running new setup soon enough )

Comment

Yesterday i started running my steel braided lines for the catch can which is going up in the battery tray. I bought press in fittings from RawBrokerage.com that pressed into the valve covers with -12AN fittings on them. The stock breathers were a pain in the ass to remove.

I think i am going to get a 140 degree bend instead since the 90 degree is almost shooting straight up but for now will use this since i already have it and just want to get it up and running for now.

So after the work so far this is what it is looking line, I plan on repowder coating the valve covers hot candy blue to match everything a bit better but want to get it up and running first then ill pull them back off and powder coat them.

My intake, dump, and intercooler piping was cut today and my friend took to his shop to weld everything up and will have that back on thursday to put on and he is going to do my downpipe thursday or friday so its looking promising this week that it will be running.
      Last edited by zclopper32; 05-31-2013, 09:39 AM.
      1994 R32 Gtr - Exhaust, intake, and tune = 1/4 mile 12.74 (Running new setup soon enough )

Comment

Making great progress man! Anymore details on the manifold? Looks good so far!

Comment

I believe he is going to start making them regularly as more people want them and sell for around $950 USD. Thats using a Full Race flange so you can use it on RB20/25/26 and the turbo flange has threaded holes. The fitment turned out great i think the manifold is very close to the engine mount but does not rub or anything. If anyone is interested in the manifold let me know and i can get you in contact with the guy.
          Last edited by zclopper32; 05-31-2013, 09:38 AM.

Comment

Finished up most of the welding last night need to weld in the bungs for the o2 sensors tonight along with another bung for the wideband then I can bolt that onto the car.

Pretty tight fit so going to wrap the downpipe also and put a piece of sheet metal behind it to try and keep brake temps down.

Comment

Just ordered a Greddy intake from Japan at the beginning of the week hoping that will be here next week sometime so I can get the car back on the road. Going to try and start it up this week though after I get everything bolted down and add the fluids back in.

Comment

Got my car to start last night after 5 months of being down waiting on everything to come in.. going to finish up tonight welding the bungs in for the o2 sensors and welding the flange onto the downpipe to hook the rest of the exhaust up and then just cleaning the engine up a little tieing everything down..

Not bad for my first big motor project besides swapping an engine.. Couldn't figure out how to put the video in the build thread so click on the picture and enjoy.

Comment

Very nice so far! Where about in MD are you? Im in PA

Comment

Sorry for the terrible video quality but here is a short video driving. Going to get tuned next weekend at AMS hoping to put some decent numbers down ill keep everyone posted

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!
                    Last edited by zclopper32; 07-01-2013, 12:42 PM.

Comment

I am near Hagerstown, Maryland. Where are you at?

Comment

I am starting to work on the interior and finishing the engine bay this winter and try to post up more pictures. The plan for the next couple weeks.
                        -replace all the dash lights with LED
                        -replace center console
                        -Bride seats
                        -harness bar
                        -harness
                        -re powder coat valve covers
                        -make oil catch can
                        -new intercooler piping
                        -retune (to make over 500whp finally)
                        -HICAs delete
                        -repolish my Work Wheels and get nicks taken out of the lips
                        -battery relocation
                        -move the gauges in the car

Hopefully have all of this done by spring. Ill keep the thread updated

Comment

Any updates on this?
                          Originally Posted by falcon:
                          why do you want to remove your ac? do you like sweaty balls?

and you live in TO too.... have fun in the summer when your sack and back and pits are sweating. I'm sure the GF is going to love it when you show up for a date dripping in your bodily fluids.

Comment

Working...
                          X