No announcement yet.

Any importers recognize this GT-R?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And if the seller is set on making more than 10 to 15% markup then I would move on. For a $2000 car the markup is much higher because the costs are fixed and you gotta make it worth the effort but once you go past $25k-ish then that markup has gotta come down a lot. 50% on a $30k car costed in country (as an example) is hyway robbery and in this day and age (like Ben said) it is VERY easy to find out what the car sold for at auction. So to add about $5k-$7k on top of that for top tier car is reasonable....but not $10k +.

FVI is great here, Brave Auto and Derek at Pacific Coast in Japan are great as well. I would import, and not go for the best on paper, most of the time they still need the major servicing and repair to common items as a car for $15k less (for a BNR34).

Jon.
    Last edited by Dragon Humper; 06-30-2014, 01:04 PM.
    Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

Honestly that car looks mint.. and since its here and you can check it out in person, i would say that your doing good..

go look at it.. mabe get a compression test.
      (And then bargain hard)
      Last edited by dah_hunter; 06-30-2014, 01:04 PM.
      Agreed. Good to have you here Ben

Comment

And post pics...

Jon.
        Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by dah_hunter View Post
          Honestly that car looks mint.. and since its here and you can check it out in person, i would say that your doing good..

go look at it.. mabe get a compression test.
          (And then bargain hard)
          so... their advertised price is $62k.

from what you said earlier, $40k cdn to buy at auction, another $10-11k to bring here, plus whatever the cost is to meet compliance they are looking at roughly $50k invested on their end? since they are in it for profit, how much room is there within that ~$10-12k difference? half? more?

knowing my luck some rich overseas student with an N plate is going to pay full price with a suitcase full of $$$ and then vinyl wrap it in some hideous color... sigh.

Comment

.... or this for $50k obo:

but honestly i am not really looking at a heavily modded one. i just don't know what kind of trouble i could be getting myself into, both mechanically and the number of points i might earn on my DL.
            Last edited by thumper; 06-30-2014, 09:16 PM.

Comment

My car was one of the cheapest bought, most heavily modified and RELIABLE GTRs on here....you just never know.

Jon.

Comment

i have been slowly trying to catch up on all the posts here on this board... should i be paying more attention to the complaince issues being faced in making r34's legal?

Comment

Yep or you could just buy something straight from japan yourself and save the markup on either of those cars.

:-)

Comment

i just saw this on craigslist:

either this just emphasizes how overpriced an r34 gtr is, or the 2009 is very underpriced?

Comment

People that want the New GTR dont want R34's, i dont believe you cant even compare to the 2.

Well IMO you cant, the R34 costs so much because of limited production. which has created supply and demand situation, which is why it costs so much.

Comment

so it is like comparing a porsche 993 to a 996...yeah i think i get it.

Comment

Originally posted by dah_hunter View Post
                          that was my mistake.. i edited my post right after that.. i thought it was someone else selling it.
                          ugh.

is this the GTR you were thinking about?

i completely missed this ad.
                          Last edited by thumper; 07-02-2014, 11:12 AM.

Comment

That R35 is actually a little overpriced in my opinion. Ive seen similar ones going for low 60's.

if you decide to go with R35, ask if you can have a local dealership do the inspection and get all the service records ( black box data read , TCM updates etc etc )

If you decide to go with an R34, dont be afraid to go check it out, inspect in person and ask for any supporting documentation. I mean, youre the one spending the money on the car, you should be able to be reassured that your money is being well spent !

Comment

Working...
                            X