Who can Install RB26?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who can Install RB26?

Looking for somebody to install an RB26 into my R32. The motor has been refreshed (new oil pump, water pump, timing belt kit, etc etc). Need somebody that is reliable and trustworthy within the GTA (Greater Toronto Area). If anybody has any recommendations / knows anybody, please reply to this thread or PM me!

Did you find someone to install your RB26 yet?

Comment

Eurocharged - Vlad, goto him for everything for my car.
      '12 Kia Forte - Winter/Summer car
      '91 Skyline GTR - Weekend Fun/Project car

Comment

Originally posted by EvnEvlr View Post
        Did you find someone to install your RB26 yet?
        I found one guy to put in my motor. He works on high end race cars like Shelby's etc. He has lots of experience with Skylines, he used to work at Split Fire.

If anyone needs their RB26/ ANY RB series swap done on R32 / 240sx etc contact me at CanadaCarParts@hotmail.com and I will introduce you to him

Comment

Originally posted by Nexsys View Post
          Eurocharged - Vlad, goto him for everything for my car.

I will check him out once my motors in, thanks for the response! In the mean time, I will ask him for parts.

Comment

a mechanic.
            No build thread.
            1991 nissan
            El terror

"Built not bought" sooner or later = "broken not running"

Comment

Originally posted by Bruizer View Post
              a mechanic.
              Really? I thought a bodyman would do it. Go give your car to any random mechanic to have them put in a 4k motor, that doesn't know the Hicas line from their ass. Thanks for the info.

Comment

I got a skyline and 300zx specialized shop to build me a 15k engine and it lasted 2 weeks.
                No build thread.
                1991 nissan
                El terror

Comment

Not sure if that's an accomplishment, but you should be posting your experience so other fellow GTR owners don't go through the same thing. 15k doesn't come easy to a lot of people, especially to lose it in 2 weeks.

Comment

It's a gtr thing haha
                    No build thread.
                    1991 nissan
                    El terror

Comment

Bump. Anyone know anybody else? Try to get a long list going..

Comment

Just finished installing one in my GTS-4, not exactly a hard swap. Even wired up the resistor pack due to not having the GTR engine bay harness.

I would say the more difficult part is finding a shop that can rebuild a RB bottom end. That is where the 15k horror stories come from.
                        The Evil 4 Door

Nissan Skyline GTS-4 Sedan

RB-Technology™: .god сяэaтєd тнє dєvil тнєп gavє нім aп яв.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlueR32 View Post
                          Just finished installing one in my GTS-4, not exactly a hard swap. Even wired up the resistor pack due to not having the GTR engine bay harness.

I would say the more difficult part is finding a shop that can rebuild a RB bottom end. That is where the 15k horror stories come from.
                          You put in the engine yourself or you got a shop to do it? I know Riworx and a couple other places do rebuilding, but like you said, there's many horror stories with the big builds.

Comment

Originally posted by ZeroTo100 View Post
                            You put in the engine yourself or you got a shop to do it? I know Riworx and a couple other places do rebuilding, but like you said, there's many horror stories with the big builds.
                            Yeah swapped it in myself, it's mostly plug and play anyhow.

I've done some GTS-t RB25DET swaps and auto to manual swaps as well. I do like to work on skylines. Well built cars.
                            The Evil 4 Door

Nissan Skyline GTS-4 Sedan

RB-Technology™: .god сяэaтєd тнє dєvil тнєп gavє нім aп яв.

Comment

Nicely done - thumbs up for you!

I want to get a list of trusted GT-R Mechanics / shops going though. Just in case anybody in the GTA ever needs one, for the people who unfortunately can't do their own work

Comment

Working...
                              X