X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toronto jdm / total jdm is the worst! Toronto jdm review

Place : Toronto JDM / Total JDM - 55 Midwest Rd Scarborough 416 285 0223
    Owner: KARIM (person I dealt with)

Literally the worst place you will ever go. I went there on more than three occasions, each time getting worse, so this isn't the "oh maybe you went in on a bad day or were just unlucky," - no.

1) Bought a RB26DETT for my Skyline - He took off the alternator and starter (fresh wrench marks on the bolts). When confronted he said "What do you want me to do about it?" He said he had one and wanted $200 for it...(even though he wrote "COMPLETE" on my receipt). I've yet to start my Skyline

6 Months Later...

2) I ask BEFORE going in, if he has the ENGINE CRADLE / Subframe for the Skyline GT-R (I literally said "slash" over the phone) and he said yeah yeah I have one. I go in and he's not there, and his workers are looking for over 20 minutes to find this "invisible" subframe and no luck. When they tried calling him he refused to answer because he had an "appointment". Left empty handed (drove over 1 hour to get there and wasted my time and gas)

3 Months Later...

3) I call for a driveshaft for my skyline and CV axles. Of course he says he has it. When I go down, he says "oh you look familiar!" I say yeah, you took the alternator off of my $4000 motor and said what do you want me to do about it when confronted. He immediately gets butt-hurt and says your a bull-**** guy and all kinds of immigrant-related insults. After yelling and swearing at me (F*** you, you're a piece of **** etc etc) for about 5 minutes in his store, I start to leave. He gets up and starts pushing me. He picks up a starter (I'm sure his camera picks this chit up, but I doubt he shows the cops...) and starts showing me. I leave his store and call the cops. He now has an assault charge pending against him.

Maybe I'm stupid for going back to someone like this, but when you're looking for the most nitty gritty parts for a real import made in 1993, you don't have much options.

All in all, DON'T GO TO THIS VENDOR. He does NOT value his "warranty" and I am not the first person to have an experience like this. Google is filled with it. Don't go there....ever.

I've had 2 good experiences with them, mind you for minor items. I bought a front grill and trunk lid from him in one go and a rear prop shaft in another. Both times I talked him down to 50% of his asking price and then paid cash, and both of them have been working fine since purchase, mind you not really things that break.

Comment

Items like a trunk lid and grille is a pretty much "what you see is what you get" item. Nothing TOO major that can be over looked as you stated. The prop shaft was a decent item that you luckily escaped with being a good item..
      However, when we're talking about $4000 in a complete RB motor and tranny, being held up by straps on a forklift when items can easily be over looked, things tend to get scary. I mean, honestly, I paid him $4k for a motor and tranny, missing alternator / starter and cut harness(es). When I call him back, he just so happens to have an alternator "laying around" .. and still wants full money for it when mines missing and I'm still offering to give him $40 or so for it...
      All-in-all, three experiences, each time getting worse and worse... All of which could have been avoided by him being honest and straight up. The worst of all, him trying to get physical and assaulting customers. That ****'s gotta stop. We can all see reviews with him "getting rude and swearing" - It was only a matter of time before he thought he could put his hands on people. So I'll have to serve as a mediator to put that attitude down.
      Last edited by ZeroTo100; 08-30-2015, 11:18 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up ! Guy sounded like a douche on the phone and wouldn't sell the S2 bumper with lights but rather $200 for one and a set of lights that go with it for another $200 when he had it all listed for $200 total on Kijiji . What a crook .

Comment

Originally posted by 99_SI View Post
          Thanks for the heads up ! Guy sounded like a douche on the phone and wouldn't sell the S2 bumper with lights but rather $200 for one and a set of lights that go with it for another $200 when he had it all listed for $200 total on Kijiji . What a crook .
          Typical **** from him, and if you didn't notice the lights were missing he'd be like "oh it was sitting right there, that's up to you to see it," when apparently he posted everything for $200.

Comment

Working...
          X