RAYS lug nuts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RAYS lug nuts

Hi guys just installed RAYS lug nuts and wanted to share real weight reduction values.

OEM:

RAYS

Weight difference:

2009 R35 GT-R
    1990 R32 GT-R

What does the barcode on the back of your package start with?

Comment

No barcode. Bought this about 7 years ago for my BNR32 but never installed it. Incredibly light for a lug nut.

2009 R35 GT-R
      1990 R32 GT-R

Comment

Just don't use them at the track.

Comment

You shred them at the track?
          2009 R35 GT-R
          1990 R32 GT-R

Comment

Basically. The aluminum gets soft from the heat. I retorque my wheels after almost each session to 92 ft/lbs. It wasn't long before the threads started giving up. Many people suggested if I was to use them to only use them on the street and use the steel ones for the track.
            If you want light wheel nuts for the track try http://www.ebay.com/bhp/project-kics-r40
            But really. Like light wheel nuts are going to make you any faster 😉

Comment

Yes those project kics are a better track solution. Did I mentioned that I'll clock better lap times by saving 10.5g per nut? I just like attention to details. To each his own
              2009 R35 GT-R
              1990 R32 GT-R

Comment

^^ call Jenny Craig, she can save you a whole bunch of weight. (Jk)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Come on lotto!!! Daddy needs a whole lotta stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by bobbo View Post
                  Basically. The aluminum gets soft from the heat. I retorque my wheels after almost each session to 92 ft/lbs. It wasn't long before the threads started giving up. Many people suggested if I was to use them to only use them on the street and use the steel ones for the track.
                  If you want light wheel nuts for the track try http://www.ebay.com/bhp/project-kics-r40
                  But really. Like light wheel nuts are going to make you any faster 
                  I had to retorque my cheapos after every few laps at AMP. Its not only the heat, aluminium shouldn't be used where it's required to flex as it fatigues easily. And torquing makes the threads flex.
                  1992 BNR32 SKYLINE GTR

Comment

Working...
                  X