Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supertec RB26DETT Spline Driven Oil Gear Set

Hey Guys,

Well officially Modworks Garage here in NB Canada, is a vendor now for Supertec UK. We are now selling the spline driven oil drive gears for the RB26DETT in Canada. This converts the flat drive system into a spline driven system like the 2JZ.

Their is a lot of controversy over if these gears sets work, and how durable they are. Please do your reading before posting any negative comments on here. For starters I ahve a fully build RB26DET running 408hp at 9PSI, headed back for a 25PSI tune this spring. My car has ran all summer issue free with these spline driven gears. I smash rev limiter and mess around the same as anyone, plus this is a drag car, so they are put tot he test. These gears work awesome, made from SCM435 same as Tomei, JUN, and Nismo stuff. Their have been over 137 kits sold so far, 32 to Canada and 17 to USA, and so far none have had ANY issues so far. The only suggestion i make is ensure you have a good machining company install them, and ensure you have your bottom end balanced after installation.

I am free to answer any questions about them. I do not install, but if you want to ship your crank to me, for a fee we can discuss, I can have them machined and balanced bu the machining company that installed mine and a few others here in eastern Canada. Their are five size gear sets for sale, OEM, N1, Tomei, Greddy and JUN. Price for all kits is $975.00 but for GTRC members I'll do $960CAD shipped.

Last edited by r32_nate; 12-28-2015, 02:28 AM.
    1992 BNR32 Skyline
    285hp / 220tq @ 15.5PSI On Mustang Dyno 2014-09-22

Current Build:
    Precision 6264 Turbo 1.00A/R
    Tomei PonCam Type B
    Manley Titanium Valvetrain
    CP Pistons / Manley Rods
    Supertec Spline Drive Oil Gears/Drive
    N1 water pump / N1 Oil Pump
    Haltech Platnium Pro
    AEM Water/Menthanol
    Tomei FPR
    Exedy Hyper Twin Clutch

May 9th, 2015 made 408whp @ 9PSI

Build Thread
    http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gt-r-project-cars/62483-project-modworks-monster-r32-gtr-16.html

Way to post this after I already did a Nitto upgraded crank & drive 😏

Comment

Originally posted by bobbo View Post
      Way to post this after I already did a Nitto upgraded crank & drive 
      Lol sorry dude. Ive been running these for a full season now beating them to death with zero issues. Im actually building another RB for someone now and ordered a set for him as well. Let me know if you change ur mind
      1992 BNR32 Skyline

Current Build:
      Tomei PonCam Type B
      CP Pistons / Manley Rods
      Haltech Platnium Pro
      AEM Water/Menthanol
      Tomei FPR
      Exedy Hyper Twin Clutch

Build Thread
      http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gt-r-project-cars/62483-project-modworks-monster-r32-gtr-16.html

Comment

How do people like these versus, say a Tomei oil pump? If one were in the market for a new pump during an engine build, the cost of a new N1 pump and this kit together runs a pretty significant distance towards the cost of a top-end pump.

It certainly looks like it'd solve the pump cracking issue in one go. I just blindly wonder how much it is to be trusted against a ""proven"" pump?

What's the process for fitting the spline on the crank?

[edit: found the GTR.co.uk thread, read it all. I still wonder where the smarter money is, but I do want one.]
        Last edited by MB38; 10-02-2015, 03:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MB38 View Post
          How do people like these versus, say a Tomei oil pump? If one were in the market for a new pump during an engine build, the cost of a new N1 pump and this kit together runs a pretty significant distance towards the cost of a top-end pump.

It certainly looks like it'd solve the pump cracking issue in one go. I just blindly wonder how much it is to be trusted against a ""proven"" pump?

What's the process for fitting the spline on the crank?

[edit: found the GTR.co.uk thread, read it all. I still wonder where the smarter money is, but I do want one.]
          IF it helps you (unbiased opinion) i did a lot of reading before i chose what to do. The tomei/jun pumps are expensive and still use flatdrive (still a problem), this route eliminates the flat drive and makes the gears stronger so they wont crack. The only downside to this is oil pressure. If you need more pressure because your circuit racing or something then this with a tomei or jun pump is awesome, but would cost a lot of money.

In the end you need to weigh out what u need for your build, and the purpose of your build. If you need high pressure for racing, then this is still an option, but an N1 pump would be too small likely. If you need reliabilty for street use and some mild drag or racing, then these gears should give you what you need. I will be running 25psi and hoping for around 600whp this spring with an N1 pump and these gears.
          1992 BNR32 Skyline

Current Build:
          Tomei PonCam Type B
          CP Pistons / Manley Rods
          Haltech Platnium Pro
          AEM Water/Menthanol
          Tomei FPR
          Exedy Hyper Twin Clutch

Build Thread

Comment

does the crank require machining for the spline collar , kind of what you have to do with the jun collar?

Comment

Yes the crank does require machining in the same manner as the Jun collar. On more extreme drag applications or very high power engines we advise the use of grub screw for peace of mind but remember it is an interference fit so will not move out of place. We have appointed R32_nate as a point of contact for Canadian customers.

MB38 aside from going for a fully dry sump setup the best combination in terms of strength and flow rate would be a Tomei kit with our spline drive setup. We have a number of cars running this in conjunction with an extended sump. These are well suited for big power drag and high RPM circuit cars. Jun and greddy pumps are also an option along with extended sump. Best street and track combination is the N1/Nismo pump set up or OEM setup with a shimmed relief valve to increase pressure to the same levels of the N1/Nismo pump.
              Supertec Racing

Comment

A new production is starting end of this month those who want a kit please get in contact with our Canadian distributor Modworks Garage.
                Supertec Racing

Comment

Cool! I'll see how my tomei does without this stuff first, too far into the build to tear it down and mess with an expensive crank.
                  No build thread.
                  1991 nissan
                  El terror

"Built not bought" sooner or later = "broken not running"

Comment

Working...
                  X