rb25 lean on wet cold starts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rb25 lean on wet cold starts

hey my rb25 s2 runs very lean under light acceleration and cruising under boosting its fine and it only does this when the air is damp on coldstarts car also runs rougher

Sounds like a vacuum leak

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Comment

where abouts do you think

Comment

Need more info :AFR when that happens and when it's hot at idle, mods, tune, mileage? Check the basics like O2 sensor voltage if you can find someone with a scan tool or Consult , MAF, air filter, fuel filter , fuel pressure?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Comment

93k for mileage
          mods - turbo back exhaust, boost controller,intake, decat
          fuel filter was just done, fuel pressure not to sure using stock fuel rail n stock fuel pressure regulator, my 02 sensor is unplugged maf is clean
          afr when its hot at idle is usually 13.7 - 13.9

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zECvNvzu8YY video of it cruising when it warms up runs normal

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Sure your wideband is reading right? Not trying to **** on you, but it looks Pretty shady with the zip ties. Have you tried doing a free air calibration?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Come on lotto!!! Daddy needs a whole lotta stuff!

Comment

its reading correctly u can also feel a difrence when it starts to lean out

Comment

the units brand new and aem states that their sensor doesn't need a calibration the sensor went in not to long ago

Comment

rb25 lean on wet cold starts

Nissans run rich from factory.... But that's wild. Why have you unplugged the 02 sensor? Notice engine running warm at all?
                      Where did you install the bung?

Last edited by future_R34; 10-14-2015, 12:44 PM.

Comment

I unplugged it to install the wideband. I will put it back in i just haven't gotten around to putting another bung in the exhaust. Anyways its in stock location i got a tomei turbo elbow and its just installed in the elbow i know that it should be a meter away from turbo but but this is temporary and no runs normal or even a slight cooler after front mount install.

Comment

Your gonna toast the Wideband sensor there. You need to get it around where the cat is located. And if your factory o2 sensor is unplugged, 90% sure that's causing your fuelling issues.

Get it all hooked up correct and see what happens from there

Comment

okay will give that a try

Comment

so i put in the new sensor car seem to run better now only thing is i get an occasional hunting idel

Comment

Working...
                              X