Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me get my horn working

Hey guys,

So i have a 96 33, and the previous owner put a lot of work into the car, but, No HORN! Horn delete anyone??

Im trying to get the horn back up an going and am running in circles.

My fuse box has been hacked away and there are a few custom relays in there, but i do still see a smaller black fuse/relay, which i'm assuming is my horn.

On the radiator suppose, there is an exposed green wire, which i'm assuming is the horn power.

I tested that wire as well as the black fuse for power when the horn is pressed on the wheel, but there is no change in voltage

any help is appreciated.

thanks!

Run a new wire off a relay from the switch on the steering wheel. Fastest way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Come on lotto!!! Daddy needs a whole lotta stuff!

Comment

that was my plan, but i cant figure out the polarity. I've tested all 4 for a 12v signal when the butting is pressed, without success.

Comment

So doing some research and troubleshooting, The relay under the bonnet will click if its engaging. THe orange wire is a ground that runs from the horn, and triggers the relay to close when pressed.

My horn is not triggering it. I grounded it to the chassis and it clicked. So my problem is up stream from the relay.

Ive been reading some thread across the internet, and the words "HICAS Ribbon behind the steering wheel" have come up. my Airbad light is also on.

Any advice?

Comment

Is there an aftermarket wheel installed?

Comment

No.

Going throught some more ****, the boss must have a break in it. Also, there is no airbag in the airbag wheel lol.
            The yellow to the relay is also not there.

oh well. gonna wire in on of these:

Comment

Working...
            X