Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Street Pads for R32/33 Standard Brakes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Street Pads for R32/33 Standard Brakes?

Google is not netting me any results, I want to stay away from both Hawk and EBC. Looking for the best street pads on standard brakes, wanting great initial bite, the pads I have on now are crap. Already bled the sys with new fluid and installed new steel lines all around.

I used "stop tec" pads for Z32. Bought on rock auto for like $50 all round. Done some auto cross and daily driving..... Found them great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Come on lotto!!! Daddy needs a whole lotta stuff!

Comment

Is the dust level high on them?

Comment

EBC red stuff, low noise, low dust, high friction

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by UnderDriven View Post
          Is the dust level high on them?
          I drive daily in the summer and haven't noticed hardly any. The old pads that were on the car when I bought it turned my wheels yellow in a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Come on lotto!!! Daddy needs a whole lotta stuff!

Comment

+1 on hawks being crap.

Mine have no initial bite, barely work when cold, high dust levels and when they are hot they have too much friction and lock up instantly.
            1972 240z
            rb26, osgiken ts2bd, powerfc djetro, gtr lsd, gtr brakes, meth, precision 6235r
            475whp @1.5 bar

Comment

I use hawk hps pads on my 2003 wrx, not impressed at all.

I bought a set for the skyline too, hopping to get better results since the discs, pads and calipers are huge vs the impreza original brakes

Comment

MM... I doubt it. Mine are coming off at 75%, going with OEM Nissan. I run GTR calipers and discs btw in a 2400lb car. Can barely stop when cold.
                1972 240z
                rb26, osgiken ts2bd, powerfc djetro, gtr lsd, gtr brakes, meth, precision 6235r
                475whp @1.5 bar

Comment

I've been struggling with brake pads for years. EBC Yellows aren't any better than the box they come it. They will last but never any bite anytime.
                  I've been using Project Mu pads on the street. Pretty dirty but work very well on street and light track use. I turned a brand new set to dust at Watkins Glen and they were recommended for my application. For my smaller/slower track at home they are excellent. I'm on my second set of them.
                  So far my favorite over all (but most expensive) are Endless pads. Huge initial bite, take heat and fast tracks like a champ and aren't very dirty.

Comment

Just a update, I installed the Intima SS (red) pads, bought them from AUS for about $150 USD and they are an extremely great pad, no dust, no noise, excellent bite and will lock with wheels up with enough force (couldn't do that with the **** pads that were on before), I highly recommend them.

Comment

Working...
                    X