Race the Base 2012 - Aug 24-25 - CFB Cold Lake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Race the Base 2012 - Aug 24-25 - CFB Cold Lake

I know this is way early, but I thought this would be a great event for the Western GTRC crew to meet up, and this will give you guys time to book off work! The Prairie region is in serious need of more big meets. The event goes from Friday to Saturday, and I'm thinking we can do a 2-day meet consisting of spectating the event, a show and shine, and cruise, (after party at my house lol). If you want, you can enter your car into the event for $1000. They had this event a couple of years ago and there were some serious cars out (MC12, R35, Ford GT, Saleen S7 etc). There are plenty of hotel rooms here but if you really need to, I have space for a few people.

For those who don't know:

http://www.racethebase.ca/

"This year's wild event is being held on August 24-25, 2012.
    Registration is open through ZR Auto (email: zrauto@shaw.ca) - alternately Online Registration will be available on the new site and competitor space is limited to 100. Register soon!

Race the Base 2012 is a world-class extreme Motorsports charity fundraising event held at CFB Cold Lake, Alberta Canada. NEW this year is multiple competitor classes to go with the multiple championship events. This unique event allows competitors in street-legal vehicles to chase the titles of:

1) Fastest "Standing Mile"
    2) Ultimate "Top Speed"
    3) "Time Attack" Road Course challenge
    4) "Wet Drift" challenge
    5) "Freestyle" Donut contest.

Over-all class champions will receive a generous prize package as well as fame and glory. Additional entertainment events include a The event is a joint venture between the Canadian Forces & ZR Auto, based in Calgary, Alberta Canada. Video by EXL Films. exlfilms.com"

Ticket Sales

Spectator tickets will be available at the gate starting on
    Friday
    August 24th thru Saturday August 25th.
    Note:
    * Children 3 and under are free.
    * All children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
    Weekend Pass (Practise and Race day)

Individual: $15
    Family Pass: $40
    Race Day Pass

Adult: $10
    Child (4-12): $8
    Family Pass: $35

1) louis110
    2) rolyaT
    3) Knuklz
    4) ColinR33
    Last edited by louis110; 08-19-2012, 03:44 AM.

2) rolyaT

Comment

...seems like some high end competition

Comment

That's why I'm spectating lol

Comment

I think I might go to this. Anyone in BC wanna make a group cruise in?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Comment

One word.... S E X U A L

Comment

Yes, very sexual indeed.

Originally posted by nimblestix View Post
              I think I might go to this. Anyone in BC wanna make a group cruise in?

Do it. That would be a drive that's well worth the trip!

Comment

I did a cruise in to Calgary with TSS a few years back for an autoshow. Was awesome! Bunch of skylines in a pack really set the mood.

Comment

Me = in

Comment

This looks wicked, idunno if I can swing the 1000$ entry. Wet drift! I say dry:P.

Anyways I'm going to forward this to the car club, maybe some bites there.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
                    Traction is optional, so are zipties

92 Gtst/Silver bullet

Comment

Wow looks awesome, I wish we had something like that here in Gagetown.

Thats the Enzo that went in the drink at Targa Newfoundland last year lol.

Comment

^ thought it looked familiar hehe

Comment

Yup, the guy who owns the Enzo is the event organizer. Word is it's rebuilt and will be making a return to the event.

Comment

i'm thinking of going, lol one base to another. if it works out my buddy might go with his evo X
                            If you dont want to stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them
                            Support Our Troops!

Comment

You guys should definitely come out. The army needs representation!

Comment

Working...
                              X