Gauging Interest: Cruise/Meet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gauging Interest: Cruise/Meet

I noticed there was going to be a cruise/meet from Hamilton to Port Dover or Turkey Point.., but it got cancelled. Was going to see how much interest there might be to do this. Maybe have one from Toronto to Port Dover, to get some more guys?

We could set it up for a saturday or sunday around noon till when ever you wanna stay till, we could park at the place and grab a arbor dog! If we have a good amount of interest, I could call the place to see if we can have a dedicated spot to park. Or if not im sure we could park at the Tim Hortans parking lot or something down there.

Potential Dates: Select one or more options above.

List to start:

1. Nvdgtr
    May 26, 2012
    23.08%
    June 2, 2012
    30.77%
    June 9, 2012
    23.08%
    June 23, 2012
    23.08%
    Last edited by Nvdgtr; 04-26-2012, 08:10 AM.

i said june 23rd, cause theres a meet at hutches in hamilton at the beginning of june
    '12 Kia Forte - Winter/Summer car
    '91 Skyline GTR - Weekend Fun/Project car

Comment

what date is that on?

Comment

First Saturday in June

Comment

Well this could be a Sunday?!

Comment

Well whatever is decided I'm in

Comment

Well we only have 3 votes lol

Comment

I might be down for this in June!
                Originally posted by kengeroo
                that's what I thought when I opened the package..
                ...don't drink and ebay
                '03 Ford Mustang

Comment

Any date is cool with me, those are just some options.

so we have about 4 ppl so far lol i know another guy who would come so 5 maybe 6.. need more then that! lol

Comment

1. Nvdgtr - R32 GTR
                    2. dickerd - R33 GTR
                    3. Nexsys - R32 GTR
                    4. Snake556 - GTR coming soon.!

I think we need some more ppl to make this happen lol

Cortexx, he's from turkey point no?

Comment

I'm in

1. Nvdgtr - R32 GTR
                      2. dickerd - R33 GTR
                      3. Nexsys - R32 GTR
                      4. Snake556 - GTR coming soon.!
                      5. R33_gtst - R33 GTST

I think we need some more ppl to make this happen lol

Cortexx, he's from turkey point no?[/QUOTE]
                      R33 GTST RB25DET series 1
                      Stock motor, holset HX40, power fc d-jetro, bolt ons, 20psi = 492rwhp 364 lbft

Comment

Yes port dover is kind of local to me , 23rd i will be away though , beginning of june is better for me .

in fact Turkey point has more room than port dover if alot of you make it. , btw us locals call it dirty dover for a reason.

BTW July 13th is fri 13th again although the cops seal off dover unless you are on a bike so they wouldnt let a troop of skylines in anyways

Comment

Yea dover isn't to clean, but its a little closer for people from further away, unless they don't mind either works for me. Where in TP would we park? by the beach?

Anyone rather one place over the other? Turkey points maybe a extra 20-30 min ish i think..

We also could go on June 24. Thats a Sunday?
                          Last edited by Nvdgtr; 04-26-2012, 08:01 AM.

Comment

If you approaching the norfolk area south on highway 24 you turn right in simcoe at the first major intersection (hwy3) and go about 9 klm before turning left on to turkey point road , takes about 8 minutes to get to turkey point beach . Once at Turkey point you can turn left and drive up by the beach where there is a huge parking lot and lots of places to buy food , drinks etc . You could also turn right and go up past the marina where you will find another large parking lot and a cool diner place.

You could also follow hwy3 down from cayuga/caledonia/hamilton way. but its a horrible road at the weekend with all the suboptimals on the road and the constant construction .

Once you hit simcoe , it's about even driving time to Port Dover or Turkeypoint . HOWEVER if you like windy twisty country roads the road directly between the 2 places that follows the costal route is awesome (unless you get stuck behind one of the aging locals as there is no where to overtake) .

You could start by going to Port dover , grab some refreshments there , then do the windy road to turkey point and hang out there for a while ( lots of wimmin in the summer for you horney younglings .... Avoid the area on fri 13th , the cops are 4 to a car and they have no patience when dealing with all the bikes , they will be hard to reason with should a situation arise!

BTW when you are done at turkey point its about 45 minutes to the 403 at rest acres road ( assuming you almost obey the law most of the way ).

Comment

Cortexx, that sounds like a pretty awesome route! I'd most definitely be down for that! What's everyone else think?
                              Originally posted by kengeroo
                              that's what I thought when I opened the package..
                              ...don't drink and ebay
                              '03 Ford Mustang

Comment

Working...
                              X