Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Switching GTS-T front grill and rear panels to GTR possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switching GTS-T front grill and rear panels to GTR possible?

I don't mind the GTS-T, but I love the grill design which also includes the shorter hood only available on the gTR. If I wanted to add those on to my GTS-T, would it be a simple bolt on change? I would imagine any anchor holes for the grill are existant on the GTS-T, but just not used right? and the hood is not prob, just bolt it on. Now for the rear. The GTR has "pumped" rear fenders to accomodate the almost 50 mm larger tire diameters, so they look absolutely 130% better than the thinner, GTS-T versions. Would those require welding to change? or just unbolt somewhere and change? I know on my Supra the rear quarter panels need to be welded on and off and don't use bolts. Any help is great.
    eric
    Someday, some way, I will reach the Skyline.

do a search (sorry i'm too lazy too look for u), but i do recall reading here somewhere about how to convert the front bodywork.

Comment

i asked about this before, they do make gtr rear quater panels and no the gtr hood is not a bolt on u will need to do some work :P do a serch u'll find what u want.

Comment

yo I did searches for gtr grill, front grill, front grill conversion, and puleld up nothign that was related. I got one other person like myself with the same question, but he was also told to search. Can someone just tell me on MY thread? cause the searching isn't working!
        eric
        Someday, some way, I will reach the Skyline.

Comment

i asked about this before, they do make gtr rear quater panels and no the gtr hood is not a bolt on u will need to do some work :P do a serch u'll find what u want.

Comment

you want the GTR look... get a GTR... why would you want a sheep in wolfs clothing??
            The Evil 4 Door

Nissan Skyline GTS-4 Sedan

RB-Technology™: .god сяэaтєd тнє dєvil тнєп gavє нім aп яв.

Comment

Just buy a GTR. Honestly for the amount of money making it look and act like one....you could buy one.

Comment

I did a little digging on SAU and came up with this: thread

Front fenders bolt on but the rears would have to be welded, more trouble than it's worth IMO. However if you have some $$$ going spare the GT-R grille is a bolt on and depending whom you ask, does improve the looks a bit.

I'd spend the money on suspension myself
                marginally literate keyboard warrior

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlueR32
                  you want the GTR look... get a GTR... why would you want a sheep in wolfs clothing??
                  may be not everyone have that much money to spend....or may be they don't need a car with 280hp?

i am getting a gtst and thinking of getting a gtr front end, just for the looks, i don't think there's a problem with that.

Comment

by the time you convert the gtr front end, its going to cost you the same as just buying a gtr

Comment

maybe SalEsh can help? this is his gts-t... is that a gt-r grille?

Comment

Working...
                      X