Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Differences between types of GTS's

Hey,

I have been searching the forums..and google and havnt found an answere to something i was thinking.

What is the differences between the:

GTS
    GTS-T
    GTS-T Type M
    and the GTS-4

Id love to know the major differences
    Thanks

I'm sure this is covered somewhere on the forum, but it's pretty simple to cover the major differences.

GTS - RB20DE, non-turbo, rwd
    GTS Type S - RB20DE, non-turbo, rwd, better options
    GTS-t - RB20DET, turbo, rwd
    GTS-t Type M - RB20DET, turbo, rwd, better options
    GTS-4 - RB20DET, turbo, awd
    Christian of

Comment

Awesome thanks christian

Comment

wrong topic, plz delelt this post
        the turbo lag is just the anticipation of the boost pressure

Comment

I shall add that there are three models of GTS.

Type X which is a Sedan-only version. ~$18100 New in 1991
          Type J Which is kind of a standard version. ~$18500 New in 1991
          Type S Which is identical in every aspects to Type J, but has standart 15-inch aluminium wheels, while they're an option on Type J. ~$19700 New in 1991

Also, in 1991, all GTS models had side impact bars, except the Type X

That's all I know on the GTS, it's not well documented unfortunately...
          Hope it clarified a few things

P.S. : There are no "Skyline GTS" as far as I know, only GTS Type ?.
          ジョンフィリップの所有者、日産のスカイラインGTS のタイプJ

Wine red 1991 Skyline GTS Type J with Series 2 RB25DET, 3in turboback Tanabe exhaust line, Greddy ported intake, Trust FMIC, Blitz Blowoff and Nitrous Oxide - & - Nissan Sil-180SX daily/winter beater 8)

www[dot]cardomain.com/id/Dread_Specter

Skyline = 神

Comment

How much did a GTR go for Brand New?
            2009 Mercedes C63 AMG. Daily
            1969 Cooper S. Restored
            1994 Rover Mini 1460cc, 134whp, 7 port fuel injected w/ITB's, & straight cuts w/ 4.67 gearing

Comment

You are very close but its a little deeper then that and it refers to more then just GTS. There is also GX-i GTE GTS-t GTS25

Originally posted by Dread Specter
              I shall add that there are three models of GTS.

Type X which is a Sedan-only version. ~$18100 New in 1991
              Type J Which is kind of a standard version. ~$18500 New in 1991
              Type S Which is identical in every aspects to Type J, but has standart 15-inch aluminium wheels, while they're an option on Type J. ~$19700 New in 1991

Also, in 1991, all GTS models had side impact bars, except the Type X

That's all I know on the GTS, it's not well documented unfortunately...
              Hope it clarified a few things

P.S. : There are no "Skyline GTS" as far as I know, only GTS Type ?.
              Skyline Model Database

The 1st character indicates the Displacement Volume
              B = 2600cc(2568cc,RB26DETT)
              E = 2500cc(2498cc,RB25DE)
              H = 2000cc(1998cc,RB20DET,RB20DE,RB20E)
              F = 1800cc(1809cc,CA18i)

The 2nd Character indicates the Drivetrain Options
              C = HICAS included on model
              N = ATTESA (GT-R, GTS-4, Autech)

Nissan Skyline R32

The GX-i FR32
              -1989 Nissan Skyline GX-i
              -1989 Nissan Skyline GX-i Type X

The GX-i only ever came as a 4 door, but had the option for auto or manual. The CA18i is an inline 4, single overhead cam, carby engine. Some upgrades were availible, The Type X was prebundled with some of these upgrades. The difference in the packages varied from dealer to dealer.

The GTE HR32
              -1989 Nissan Skyline GTE
              -1990 Nissan Skyline GTE Sky Load (4 door)
              -1992 Nissan Skyline GTE Type X-V (4 door) 35th Anniversary of Skylines
              -1992 Nissan Skyline GTE SV (4 door) 40 Millionth Nissan Passenger car
              -1992 Nissan Skyline GTE V-Selection (4 door) 60th Anniversary

The GTE was equiped with the base model RB20E. This car only came in 4 door.

The GTS HCR32
              -1989 Nissan Skyline GTS
              -1989 Nissan Skyline GTS Type S
              -1990 Nissan Skyline GTS Urban Load (4 door)
              -1992 Nissan Skyline GTS V-Selection (2 door)
              -1992 Nissan Skyline GTS SV (2 door) 40 Millionth Nissan Passenger car
              -1993 Nissan Skyline GTS Type S (4 door) 60th Anniversary
              -1993 Nissan Skyline GTS V-Selection (2 door) 60th Anniversary

The GTS came with a naturally aspirated, twin cam, 2 litre, inline 6 (RB20DE). The car
              came in 2 and 4 door versions, with option for 4 speed auto or 5 speed manual. Other options included Sunroof, Power Spoiler, Digital Climate Controll, Sport Steering Wheel, Alloy Rims, 4 pot front and 2 pot rear brake set up, ABS, Air Conditioning, Projector Headlights. The car was availible fully loaded as a package and that is what is known as the Type S.

The GTS-t HCR32
              -1989 Nissan Skyline GTS-t
              -1989 Nissan Skyline GTS-t Type M
              -1993 Nissan Skyline GTS-t Type M (2 door) 60th Anniversary

The GTS-t came with a turbo version of the RB20 (RB20DET). This motor was redesigned from the R31 version (Redtop RB20DET) and produced 215bhp. Again this car came in 2 and 4 door models with the option of 4 speed auto or 5 speedmanual. Other options included Sunroof, Power Spoiler, Digital Climate Controll, Sport Steering Wheel, Alloy Rims, 4 pot front and 2 pot rear brake set up, ABS, Air Conditioning, Projector Headlights, Power Windows, Power Folding Mirrors, Rear Wiper, Rear Defrog, Tilt and Telescopic Steering . The car was availible fully loaded as a package and that is what is known as the Type M. Although this car was a great sports car it was never really used in racing as it was always in the shadow of the GTR.

The GTS-4 HNR32
              -1989 Nissan Skyline GTS-4

The GTS-4 was the 4WD version of the GTS-t, it had all the same options and also came was availible as a Type M. Equipped with ATESSA this car could have an obvious advantage over the GTS-t with the same power upgrades.

The GTS25 ECR32
              -1991 Nissan Skyline GTS25
              -1992 Nissan Skyline GTS25 SV (4 Door) 40 Millionth Nissan Passenger car

The GTS25 was the first version of the RB25 to go into production. This car came with all the same optoins as the GTS-t, there never was a 4wd version and the R32 never saw the RB25DET, which replace the RB20DET when the R33 was released.
              The Evil 4 Door

Nissan Skyline GTS-4 Sedan

RB-Technology™: .god сяэaтєd тнє dєvil тнєп gavє нім aп яв.

Comment

Working...
              X