X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newbie Q's about turbo and stock HP

HI!

i dont no much about cars i have question the GT-R has 280hp stock is that with using the turbo or if the turbo kicks while driving the power would increase if so how much on stock turbos at 1bar.

i am really dumb ops:
    if this is in the worng section i am sorry i didnt noe where else to post it.

malhi

Your question is kinda weird but the max power rated by the factory for the nissan skyline GTR R32 in 1989 is about 280hp. That is the max power with boost. the stock boost is .7 bar and I'm not sure exactly how much power is avaialble at 1 bar but i think it is in the 320-350hp range. Ive been reading at skylines downunder and gtr.co.uk and that is what ive come up with. if anyone with experience wants to chime in feel free to correct me im sure u know more than me.

Comment

Re: newbie Q's about turbo and stock HP

Originally posted by malhi
      HI!

i am really dumb ops:
      You should be looking at other cars, not a skyline. Sorry.

"Life's too short to drive boring cars!"

Comment

Read around... use search... not a good way to introduce yourself...
        The Evil 4 Door

Nissan Skyline GTS-4 Sedan

RB-Technology™: .god сяэaтєd тнє dєvil тнєп gavє нім aп яв.

Comment

BBR32, sorry to you and everyone else here if i am rude but I am really getting tired of teenagers with little, and I mean literally *no* car experience or knowledge coming on here and saying they want to buy a GTR.

It cheapens this place, and I am almost certain it keeps the _real_ owners, these people aero says might be lurking around, from showing themselves. I see a lot of "guests" reading our boards, and I wonder how many of these are customers of IC or JNS et al who were referred here but are staying away because of these newbies.

I don't want to be hard on the newbs but I am very tempted to make it a rule (if they only attempt to read the rules of the place first) for newbs to do a mild search for their answers first. If you've been driving 115 hp FF cars all your short driving life, or don't possess more than a learner's permit etc. they need to really give themselves a reality check before professing their intentions of getting into a 500hp car. If you don't dare go to Viper forums doing the same, don't do it here.

End of rant. As you were.... 8)

"Life's too short to drive boring cars!"

Comment

HI!

i dont no much about cars i have question the GT-R has 280hp stock is that with using the turbo or if the turbo kicks while driving the power would increase if so how much on stock turbos at 1bar.

i am really dumb ops:
            if this is in the worng section i am sorry i didnt noe where else to post it.

malhi
            First of all, I don`t think you`re dumb because you did find us and are asking questions instead of remaining silent. I do, however, think that english is not your first language and you need grammar and spell checking before you post in the future.

As for your question(s), in Japan, engine output is regulated by law to no more than 280HP. The GTR is no exception and at the stock max boost level of .7 bar this is what it generates. There are, however, means by which you can increase the boost that the stock turbo puts out. Just how far you can go I`m not certain but I have seen claims of 1.2 bar. In Japan where 100 octane fuel is available this might be attainable but here in Canada, our best 93 octane fuel is not enough for boost levels that high.

Additionaly, the car`s stock ECU needs to be replaced/reprogrammed to reflect our relatively low octane fuel (unless you run race gas all the time) or engine damage is likely to occur even at stock boost levels.

Toughguy

P.S.- JohnnyZ might be right. A skyline`s opperating costs are higher than average and the high performance nature of the vehicle doesn`t lend itself well to being put away wet. Young drivers as well as those without much income should carefuly heed these warnings.
            Is your seatbelt on? I\'m gonna try something...

Comment

i am really dumb ops:
              No Kidding.....Even dumb people don't come out and admit it....

Comment

Working...
              X