Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a chat for gtrcanada ?

hey!
    possibly can u guyz add live chat feature to ur website aswell ? using irc or sumthing using java/flash irc client.. like skyline chat ? or #gtrcanada ?
    -Arham

LHD rb25 neo powered GTST

It can be done.

All JZ has to do is give the word

But well, we usually just add others to MSN to chat seeing how it's better then a Java IRC chat application.

I'll leave it up to JZ
    VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVViper!

Comment

We've done this before when we first opened our webpage. I think it was on our one month anniversary and all we did was arrange for a good time for everyone to be online and we did it through msn messenger. Very effective, and it allowed us to make a few friends along the way.

If you guys are very interested in another GTRC TownHall MSN chat, we can just use this thread for everyone to sign up andpost their msn handles and take it from there.

JZ

"Life's too short to drive boring cars!"

Comment

All we really need is someone to set up an IRC channel on a network.

I'll take it upon my self to find a more efficent way than msn for mass chat, since people with super long names in MSN make everything hard to read...which is why I perfer IRC for anything that involves more than 3-4 people...

maybe if we could have a easy to use java client (there are some that are REALLY good, but server intensive)
        Tuning the Spec V until I can own a V Spec...

Regional Coordinator - Manitoba

Comment

Awww last time I left my handle I had to talk to "George" and "Skyline_Crazy" for a month

Comment

hahhah @ Jeff

Well, host has a IRC chatroom that can be installed so it's up to JZ if he wants me or not to install and get it running on the webpage

I could also just set it up for specified times, block it's access and open it only when we schedual massive chats.
            VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVViper!

Comment

i think that if you make a chat that'll run all the time though, the problem will be that either the chat wont be used cause people will use the forum, or most likely the forum will die and there'll be no use for the site except to get into the chat. the best answer would probably have a chat schedualed like once a week/month or whatever

just my $0.02

Comment

I think the chat would help the board in that you wouldn't see as many useless posts or repeated posts. If someone has a quick question that they know others will know, they can just check the chat. Also good for those emergency situations when you're up to your elbows in vacuume lines and oil and you need help NOW!!!
                -Josh

1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
                1990 Skyline GTS-R

Comment

I agree.. with this, just as long as it doesn't encourage lazy person's to not use the search option...

Also, I don't have MSN and don't want it
                  Marc-André
                  _________
                  2.2L RB20 GTS-T
                  ECU modification enabled - PM me for details

Comment

Well it's easy to set up an IRC server or hell, just go onto a random network and register a channel for free

I think it would be pretty neat to have IRC chat, it would also be a good way to distrubute larger files (aka ID-4 eps, and Nissan FAST)
                    Tuning the Spec V until I can own a V Spec...

Regional Coordinator - Manitoba

Comment

my friend owns a irc server ( irc.highrc.net ). if u guyz want i can talk to him and about serving large programs n stuff.. u just get the programs ill get hosts
                      -Arham

P.S thanx for considering this post important i guess u all liked the idea

LHD rb25 neo powered GTST

Comment

Working...
                      X